VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Repy

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sent VA IRIS request Monday asking for status of pending claim.

R'cd reply today:

Our records indicate your May 24, 2010, claim regarding ischemic heart disease (IHD) is open and in process at the Columbia Regional Office (RO).

We show medical records were received from Self Regional Medical on November 19, 2010. Your claim is now under review to determine whether it is ready to be put in line for a decision to be made by the team that reviews all medical evidence and makes a decision regarding each claimed disability. Due to the recent approval of the new presumptive conditions for Agent Orange regulations, these claims are being processed in the order they were received.

After a decision is made, your claim will be sent to the team where VA will check your claim for accuracy, the claim payment amount, if any, will be authorized, the notification of decision letter will be prepared to send to you and the claim will be closed. Generally, if benefits are payable, you may be entitled to a retroactive payment; however, we will not know until we make a final decision.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work our way through the claims processing procedures. You will receive notification via U.S. mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.

We are grateful for your honorable service to our country.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

SOUNDS like I'm getting ready to get in line again. Just wondering where they get the claim date from-May 24, 2010.

They sent me the Nehmer letter Oct 13, 2010 & the claim was file first time Jan 2001. So how did we get the May date? Guess doesn't matter, but if I have to get in line would like to be as close to front as possible..

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

"Just wondering where they get the claim date from-May 24, 2010."

Sure beats me- but I wouldn't worry about that.They hae to apply Nehmer if there is any retro due you because of any past denied IHD claim.

I also had a May 24, 2010 claim date. I contacted my VSO. He inquired and informed me that that was the date that the RO re-opened my 2006 denial for reconsideration under the 3 new presumptives. He also said they told him any retro (if granted) would be paid from 2006.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, now I get it. What's the status of your claim? Guees we are both waiting in live somewhere. BTW, I heard from a friend yesterday that he r'cd $30,000 back pay. He had a IHD claim years ago & I don't remember the exact deal but good news regardless.