VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Final Authorization

Rate this topic

Congratulations... hope you didn't hit your big toe too hard.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

CONGRATS maybe you will get the letter explaining it soon as well but you HAVE the important part the CASH keep some for a rainy day big checks will be few and far between from now on unless you happen to hit the lottery and I haven't read here on the board where anyone has done that yet either that or they ain't saying lol the money will never make you "whole" but it damn sure helps make life easier knowing that you have the benefits you earned thru your service and being harmed while in service coming in now and knowing that they will keep coming in until you pass away it makes living a little bit easier to deal with

living with no money sucks losing the house, the car and the family really sucks many of us have gone thru this getting our benefits approved and making life financially easier makes waking up every day a lot easier and it is stressful dealing with the VA on a claims process many will tell you that is you didn't have a stress relayed problem before filing a claim by the time it gets approved and paid you might end up with PTSD from all the BS the Regional Office throws at you

enjoy the holidays now you deserve it

Thank you all very much! I saved part of the check for rainy days and paid off 1/5 of my house with the rest. Anyone had experience with VA refinancing? I have a regular FHA 30 year fixed now, looking to refi w/ VA loan for 15.

• HadIt.com Elder

nope I have a regular 30 year mortgage that was done in Jan 2007 I never expect to live to pay it off I have enough insurance that my wife can do what she wants pay off the house, sell it and keep all the money etc either way she will have choices which is all I have ever wanted to provide her with I doubt if she will want to keep a 4 bedroom house it seems huge now with just the 2 of us in it but with the market as bad as it is we are not willing to lose 30,000 just to sell it we liked it when we bought it in 2006 and we still like it but back then we had her daughter and 2 grand kids living with us and we needed the room, they have since moved out and are on their own

we like the room but it is large to large for 2 people and I know nothing of VA loans we did it thru our local bank I last used a VA laon back in the early 80s about 4 houses ago