VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do You Rate Severe Spinal Stenosis

Rate this question

ocreswell

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have mulitiple problems in my back along with a lot of other vets. On my claim I asked for compensation detailing all separately. The C&P just rated me on ROM but they gave my 100 % so I haven't been too concerned about them not mentioning all my conditions. I don't know if I should be.

have been offered surgery and epidurals havent decided yet but if anyone can weigh in on this.. if you have spinal stenosis DDD DJD hypert,etc are you suppose to file a claim for each one separately? for L3 -L4 L4-L5 L5- S1 in the past they are rating as post operative residuals of degeneratve disc disease of the lumbar spine because i had surgery need another one....kept getting denied for Increase for yrs with just 20%,,,,condition has now gotten severe with the spinal stenosis DDD DJD and other problems of the back.....even with all this happening i think they only use the rating for invertabral disc syndrome which is the doctor prescribe bed rest ....i just filed a claim the new benefit sough is postoperative residuals of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine to include spinal stenosis, bilateral facet hypertrophy and bilateral high grade neural forminal stenosis at L5 -S1 been 7 months what a long wait they even told me that on the 1-800 # but since I left out the other levels i wonder will they include them??? I think thats were Im messing up,,, can you believe i Just out the blue ask my VS rep this could I do this and he said yes after all this time I now learned that you need to get good repesentation because fighting this thing alone is hard......

I have similar lumbar spine problem like yours. Last year I had a hell of an episode and could hardly walk. I went for a lumbar epidural and had it done 3 times one week apart. Great success I was up walk almost pain free for about 3 months and them seemed to fall back to my normal level of pain and problems which are covered with hydrocodone and motrin fairly well. I may need to get the series repeated in the future and that is ok, it works well. I would avoid surgery if possible 50% of back surgery patients end up WORSE then they started.

j no they didnt... heres the kicker on SSD because of back problems from the military still wont give me nothing but 20% but hope this time they will had a OTC exam told them im on SSD they told me the other conditions will be secondary thanks

Did they give you IU for the back? Are you service connected for other issues to add to 100 percent.

J

i think you should.... I wonder how people be getting these 160% e

I have mulitiple problems in my back along with a lot of other vets. On my claim I asked for compensation detailing all separately. The C&P just rated me on ROM but they gave my 100 % so I haven't been too concerned about them not mentioning all my conditions. I don't know if I should be.