VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Compensated Work Therapy

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Why does anyone know about it, info I have found so far is scarce>>>>>>>>>>>>I havae a appt with my voc rehab counselor on friday. I got my official voc rehab not feasible for rehab or to work last week...........so far the only value is it looks pretty much like official va form letter that belongs on the outhouse nail or in the round file..................seriously anyone know anything about the work therapy program?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with youngparkie. I'm only 43 and would LOVE to fill useful again. But along with my psych problems that they haven't been able to treat succesfully for over 14 years my insides are so messed up that I can't even mow my grass without spending the rest of the day being sick. Hell just being outside when the temp is over 80 and I'll become psysically ill. During the summer I'm a prisoner in my own home. And I used to make 50K.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I could go back in time I never would have gone to work for the USPS then I would not have to have rotator cuff surgery two times. Working for the feds in whatever capacity as a soldier or civil service has just about killled me. I can't walk without pain. I can't sit without pain. When I get up in the morning I usually have pain bad enough to send me to the narcotics. This sucks but I can't go back. I can't mow my yard. I can't paint my door. I can't cut the bushes. Both shoulders are out now and hurt all the time.

• Founder

i worked at compensated work therapy for a year it was good for me got me out of the house and around people again, gave me some structure which i needed. i made a nickel for each envelope i stuffed. it seemed to have no impact on my claim. i don't know if this would be the same for you, but i wanted to put my two cents in, since i've been there done that.

Ok, I am not getting your point...........Voc rehab said I was not feasable and unemployable.............the shrink at the hospital says this is not a job, not taxable, but the vet is compensated..........I think its something to get me out of the house and prevent me from being more of a recluse...........

When I get up in the morning I usually have pain bad enough to send me to the narcotics.

first place I go every morning is to the safe and my pills

I can't walk without pain. I can't mow my yard. I can't paint my door. I can't cut the bushes. Both shoulders are out now and hurt all the time.

I was supposed to have a cervical fusiopn of three disk, but know the heart catherization has pretty much killed any surgery for what they tell me for at least nine months. so I imagine my meds will be increased a few times.................

it was good for me got me out of the house and around people again, gave me some structure which i needed.

Thats what I need, my voc rehab counselor told me about a program the purple heart organization is looking for people in the ILP program who are housebound.....................................................................k

inda took me back when she refered to me in that sense. I told my wife and she said thats a good description of you :unsure:

• HadIt.com Elder

Compensated work therapy......sounds OK. Who do I ask about it? How do I get it? I don't know if I could do it considering the shape I am in.