VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Warning To Veterans: An Organization Called Veterans Affairs Services (Vas) Is Providing Benefit And General Information On Va Not Associated With Va.

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Below is probably a fake letter making it's rounds thanks to Berta for pointing this out to us.

The actual original email might be a fake:

http://tucsoncitizen...mail-is-a-fake/

Ken D.

December 1, 2010

Forwarded on behalf of the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs; contact informatioon below.

WARNING TO VETERANS

Forwarded by Kevin Secor, VSO Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

An organization called Veterans Affairs Services (VAS) is providing benefit and general information on VA and gathering personal information on veterans.

This organization is not affiliated with VA in any way.

VAS may be gaining access to military personnel through their close resemblance to the VA name and seal. Our Legal Counsel has requested that we coordinate with DoD to inform military installations, particularly mobilization sites, of this group and their lack of affiliation or endorsement by VA to provide any services.

In addition, GC requests that if you have any examples of VAS acts that violate chapter 59 of Title 38 United States Code, such as VAS employees assisting veterans in the preparation and presentation of claims for benefits, please pass any additional information to Mr.Daugherty at the address below.

Michael G. Daugherty

Staff Attorney

Department of Veterans Affairs

Office of General Counsel (022G2)

810 Vermont Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20420

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The actual original email might be a fake:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/bbbconsumeralert/2010/12/07/warning-to-veterans-email-is-a-fake/

I got this email but not from VA -from someone I dont know-

Mike Daugherty is definitely a staff attorney for OGC-I was going to call him to verify this but it looks like Tucson news outlet did and the info in the email is questionable.

• HadIt.com Elder

It could be a fake. I have never heard of them. It could be a feeler to persuade folks helping vets to get the Vets to sign up with a VSO that the VA can control.

It is interesting to watch this one play out. As for not sending it, I believe he didn't send it. Someone did send it so there lies 2 types of denials. A regular denial or someone in denial not accepting responsibility. They use the word denial in many forms.

More on this odd situation:

http://www.mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=419711

The email I go was from this same person and they are advising not to click on the email addy.