VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Greetings...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Greetings to all. I just want to let everyone know that this is my first post on this board but I have been a regular visitor for awhile. Thanks to all the info I have read I am now 40% service connected. I have been reading on the Ft McClellan notes that are all over the web. I went to chemical school there in 1994. The list of Autoimmune diseases that are on others websites have been very helpful for my current claim I am submitting next week. I really do not understand this rating thing except I was given two SCs, 20% for my CSpine and 20% for my LSpine. They combined it at most serious which my payment schedule is set at 40%. Hope I got the understanding of it correctly. Anyway, I am about to file on my T-Spine because I believe this is where most of the issues are. Back in June of this year I started having tingling in both hands starting at the same time, I cannot hold things without dropping them, my heart rate jumps from 80 to 120 back to 80 back to 120 for no apparent reason which is causing my blood pressure to rise. I have had all test done to rule out anything with my heart. I have ended up at the ER once this year on a EKG which ruled out any heart attack. I have been on a EKG at my personal Doctor's office and heart was ruled out. Then just this week I read about the information about those who were at Ft McClellan. Could this be the reason my heart is doing what it is? I do have osteo arthritus in my spine due to the damage in my discs. I am getting a MRI on my T-Spine January 4, 2011 so I am hoping that they find something on that. Also reading articles everywhere on the net one of the autoimmune diseases is arthritus which I have. Another is IBS which I was diagnosed with back in 2003.

I am also in need of a little help on getting something answered. On my letter in the table it states:

Mechnical lower back pain syndrome (also claimed as lumbosacral strain and thoracic spine and perviously evaluated under DC 5295)

My question is I never filed for my T-Spine because 14 years ago I filed for my back. I didn't know they separated the spine into 3 things. I asked my evaluator during the evaluation why she was not looking at my T-Spine and she said I never filed a claim for this. Can I file on my T-Spine? Also what would be considered secondary claims? I have had Internal Bleeding Hemorrhoids for 8 years now. I have had surgery once back in 2003. I know it is because of the stress of my back pain that caused this. Also, I am now obese because I cannot do any excessive exercise because of my back and neck pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

R Powell

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am sorry I forgot to answer your question about am I employed. Yes I am employed and what is happening now to me is affecting my employment. Actually the symptoms are agitated because of my work. I am a Corrections Officer. I was this before I went into the Army and decided to go back doing this once I got back out. My job details me to drive for long periods of time to take detainees on medical trips or on long road trips to court throughout the whole State of Florida. There are days when I have to sit in court all day, for 8 hours or sit at the hospital for 12 hours. It is just getting too much on me and I feel it is worsening my back problems. Sitting in court and having an Anxiety Attack is not fun and happened many times. I cannot control when it happens. I am afraid that one day I will be driving and ending up in an accident because I will have an Anxiety Attack. Sometimes I can feel it come on sometimes it is instant. Hope this answers your question and thanks for the information...

Hii everyone..i am confues please help me..I have been discharged from the student loan. And I found out that I am marked at my credit report for having a debt unsecured with the government. What or must I do to remove it from my credit report? Please only helpful answers ! Thanks .

gavinol,

Your question has nothing to do with this topic or thread.

Please start your own topic !

Mechanical cervical spine pain (also claimed as limitation of motion and bulge in neck and previously evaluated under DC 5290)

Mechanical lower back pain syndrome (also claimed as lumbosacral strain and thoracic spine and previously evaluated under DC 5295)

First what are these DC numbers?

rpowell,

DC numbers = Diagnostic Code numbers.

Each disability has a number which corresponds to the schedule of rating (criteria)

for the different percentages allowed.

These are found in 38 CFR - Part 4

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_09/38cfr4_09.html

You might also like to study and research Part 3 - Adjudication:

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_09/38cfr3_09.html

I am moving your topic to the Claims / Benefits Forum so more people might see it

and post responses.