VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting- A Time Line

Rate this question

verk

Question

Hello to All,

Just updating for those waiting like me. I filed my claim in Nov 2009 for anxiety, IT band syndrome, and depression. I had a C&P in July 2010. In early Nov 2010 ebenefits shows my claim is at the Decision level phase. So it has been a month at that stage and I'm still waiting. Nothing has happened and I do not know how long it takes at this stage. I am amazed at how some people get a decision within a few months and others wait years. It is a mystery beyond understanding.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you obtained a copy of the C & P results -that can give you a possible heads up on the decision.

They only rate on one mental health issue.

I called the 800# today and a snotty rep told me "you know, there are over 1 million new claims, you will just have to wait your turn", anything else I can help you with. I guess she told me! Ps-my claim has been with the rating board for over 30 days now. I guess all the agent orange claims are killing them-and of course they go to the head of the line.

Berta - I called the 800 number about a month ago and requested a copy of my claims folder. I'm waiting for that as well. I assume that my c&p results will be in that.

Also it seems to me that PTSD claims were streamlined due to them being a political hot topic over the past year, maybe that is all of the claims coming to the forefront.

Wow - I'm embarrassed for all government employees. I know the rep was probably stressed, but that was uncalled for. Also, you're better off submitting an IRIS request/question. No guarantee that the response will be any better, but IRIS is in writing, and you would think the DVA has to try to be somewhat more accurate. I avoid using the 800#. With your condition though, it’s hard to resist trying to get instant results and info. As I've read in other posts, find a hobby, do some fishing, volunteer if you can, but find anything to keep your mind off the claim. Please don't torture yourself; a decision will come. Maybe you could set a date each month to check status? It works for me - keeps me from obsessing about the claim and appeal in the pipeline.

Hi all! I have a claim in at the St.Petersburg RO that has been at the rating board since 10/06/10. I was told that I am in a long line before my claim is rated, this is very frustating but all I can do is wait. Unbeleiveable!