VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting- A Time Line

Rate this question

verk

Question

Hello to All,

Just updating for those waiting like me. I filed my claim in Nov 2009 for anxiety, IT band syndrome, and depression. I had a C&P in July 2010. In early Nov 2010 ebenefits shows my claim is at the Decision level phase. So it has been a month at that stage and I'm still waiting. Nothing has happened and I do not know how long it takes at this stage. I am amazed at how some people get a decision within a few months and others wait years. It is a mystery beyond understanding.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wow - I'm embarrassed for all government employees. I know the rep was probably stressed, but that was uncalled for. Also, you're better off submitting an IRIS request/question. No guarantee that the response will be any better, but IRIS is in writing, and you would think the DVA has to try to be somewhat more accurate. I avoid using the 800#. With your condition though, it's hard to resist trying to get instant results and info. As I've read in other posts, find a hobby, do some fishing, volunteer if you can, but find anything to keep your mind off the claim. Please don't torture yourself; a decision will come. Maybe you could set a date each month to check status? It works for me - keeps me from obsessing about the claim and appeal in the pipeline.

I get an error message every time I send out an iris

I get an error message every time I send out an iris

IRIS site is down and has been for about 2 weeks now?????

Lets see- now all Vets who are now homeless, are about to be homeless and are living on the street, and all agent orange claims are ahead of all of our regular claims-this what is causing the back log, the estimated time from 2 weeks-28 days is now out the door with no estimated figure I am not being critical of who gets what and when-this is what the #800 told me today. I think when you call, they have a list of different responses they can choose from as to what is going on with your claim. As I also work in a call center, at least my job helps customers and gets them help- we don't act like a collection company(which we are not) which is what I feel we are being treated when called. And another thing, If any of our agents talk the way the VA agents talk, they would be terminated immediately, automatically with no unemployment benefits period!

Lets see- now all Vets who are now homeless, are about to be homeless and are living on the street, and all agent orange claims are ahead of all of our regular claims-this what is causing the back log, the estimated time from 2 weeks-28 days is now out the door with no estimated figure I am not being critical of who gets what and when-this is what the #800 told me today. I think when you call, they have a list of different responses they can choose from as to what is going on with your claim. As I also work in a call center, at least my job helps customers and gets them help- we don't act like a collection company(which we are not) which is what I feel we are being treated when called. And another thing, If any of our agents talk the way the VA agents talk, they would be terminated immediately, automatically with no unemployment benefits period!

LMAO. It's not funny, but I called the 800# today and was told by the guy that calling them doesn't help my claim. DUH! Don't you just love those folks that answer the phones at the VA that NEVER served one second in uniform?

• HadIt.com Elder

I called the 800# today and a snotty rep told me "you know, there are over 1 million new claims, you will just have to wait your turn", anything else I can help you with. I guess she told me! Ps-my claim has been with the rating board for over 30 days now. I guess all the agent orange claims are killing them-and of course they go to the head of the line.

Ouch...

I regret to report that the line has no head... I have reached the conclusion that there is no line, as we know it. JMHO, The easy claims are moving faster than the complicated dog claims. The VA is trying to bring up their number of completed claims. I am working on year two of waiting for my DRO review.

Best wishes COOL BREEZE.

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob