VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Create-A-Discount

Sure I've gotten 10% discounts this week at Lowe's and Carl's Jr.

But I also got a discounted rate at a local motel and $25 off my front end alignment.

Why?

Because I ASKED for it.

Those on fixed incomes may not get overtime but you can get more bang for your buck by asking for discounts; gives folks a chance to show their support with more than just a colored ribbon.

And thank you for your service! :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too always ask and show my card and sometimes I am lucky too! However as previously stated Lowe's, Menards's and Home Depot offer Vets a 10% discount on purchases made, BUT ONLY HOME DEPOT offers the discount of ALL of your items, including SALE items, the other 2 only offer the discount on regular priced items NOT SALE ONE'S!!

Halos2, I guess it depends on where you are. Last week we bought a gift washer for daughter at Home Depot, reg price $329, take off $10 being a floor model. They said since we already got the $10 off for being a display that we did not get the veterans discount. We didnt argue.

• HadIt.com Elder

Omg-Sue, you should have requested the vet discount, as it would've been 10% ($32.90) versus the $10 display model discount. I'd take my receipt back to the store Mgr and request a credit and if he/she denies I'd threaten to return, stating that Lowe's has a similiar model and will give me the 10% vet discount. The nice thing is that Lowe's and Home Depot are always near each other and hate for you to go to the competition. BTW, I always get the military/vets discount on the sale item(s) also. jmo

pr

Halos2, I guess it depends on where you are. Last week we bought a gift washer for daughter at Home Depot, reg price $329, take off $10 being a floor model. They said since we already got the $10 off for being a display that we did not get the veterans discount. We didnt argue.