VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Information Be Added After The C&p Exam?

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

I forgot to tell the doctor some of my side effects while I was having my exam last week. IS there a form or addendum I can send in to be considered with the exam.

I was a bit rattled when I went in as well as the fact that I didn't have my side effects written down to present.

Considering one of my side effects is short term memory loss is one of the main one's, you would think I would have made a list to take with me.

Thanks! Juan

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've sent in a bunch of stuff after my C&P. Not sure if the clock starts over or not, but I'm going to see my VSO tomorrow so I'll ask him. I don't think that it does as long as your claim is still in the development phase.

I forgot to tell the doctor some of my side effects while I was having my exam last week. IS there a form or addendum I can send in to be considered with the exam.

I was a bit rattled when I went in as well as the fact that I didn't have my side effects written down to present.

Considering one of my side effects is short term memory loss is one of the main one's, you would think I would have made a list to take with me.

Thanks! Juan

You can add information at anytime. As long as the information do not constitute a new claim there is no reason for your claim to be delayed.

You can add information at anytime. As long as the information do not constitute a new claim there is no reason for your claim to be delayed.

I was told the other day from a friend who used to work at the DAV doing claims. He would have done ours if he was still there.

He said that whenever you add new information always use form 21-4138.

The main thing that you have to remember is:

AMENDMENT AMENDMENT AMENDMENT

If this is not on the form, it will basically sent it back into the pile. If you have THIS IS AN AMENDMENT on it- it will not slow it down.

Any input on this or has anyone heard this?

rockman

Ditto on Sharon's post here.

I underlined the part above.

Ditto on Sharon's post here.

I underlined the part above.

Carlie, Thanks. You hear all sorts of things and you sometimes do not know which ones are correct. I am writing this for my hisband and I hope that this is okay with you. Since starting the PTSD individual therapy, you really do not want to mention the word "VA" to him. He is having a very difficult time with all of his Vietnam deamons. We have been married for 24 years and he has kept all the stuff in the closet.

I just try and keep him calm and have faith.