VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Information Be Added After The C&p Exam?

Rate this question

JuanP

Question

I forgot to tell the doctor some of my side effects while I was having my exam last week. IS there a form or addendum I can send in to be considered with the exam.

I was a bit rattled when I went in as well as the fact that I didn't have my side effects written down to present.

Considering one of my side effects is short term memory loss is one of the main one's, you would think I would have made a list to take with me.

Thanks! Juan

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

We are touching nothing on the claims until we hear something. Then if someting needs to be increased or whatever, then that is the time. Get the claim processed and money in hand and then and only then will we do anything more.

Thanks

Don't let Paranoia or PTSD control how you handle your claim.

If you have additional evidence, you need to submit it now. If not you may get lowballed or denied then you have to use that evidence to re-open and or appeal then you are in for an additional year or 2 wait.

Submit it if you got it.

J

Don't let Paranoia or PTSD control how you handle your claim.

If you have additional evidence, you need to submit it now. If not you may get lowballed or denied then you have to use that evidence to re-open and or appeal then you are in for an additional year or 2 wait.

Submit it if you got it.

J

As of now, we do not have any new evidence to turn in. My husband has been to the cardiologist since August, but since nothing has changed, it did seem pointless to send anything in. PTSD, I am finding out is a very difficult thing to deal with, but sooner or later he would need to deal with it. The program he is doing is some of the same things he does for the inmates at work, so he is familar with it. Now, he is on the other side working thru all of the stressors. He does not like it, but does want to be able to deal with it and I know he can. He has the worst environment you can when dealing with PTSD. He does not know how long he can deal with the stress there with his PTSD popping up. I know the therapy is hard, because you start pulling things out, so you can lean how to put them back and control things. We have already talked to Social Security. He does have a target date to leave work, then will file.

I am so glad we found this site.

Cannot wait for the PTSD C&P exam to get scheduled and done with. That will be a good thing.

Thanks for the advice. He is hanging in there and I am so proud of him doing all of this!

rockman's wife

Does your Husband have any benefits at work like a LTD disability plan?

If he does, let me know.

J

He has short term disability. With his illness, he could not have gotten long term.

His plan right now is:

Step #1-He will work until at least the first week or two of 2011. This way he will get his 401k matching funds.

Step #2- work until 03/31/10 ( if his health will hold up). This way I am covered on insurance with no patient responsibility.

Step #3- Go on FMLA and burn all of his PTO hours ( at this point Social security said he can file for disability). We both will have insurancec with us paying it.

Step #4- go on short term disability with insurance being paid.

With his very stressful job, the stress is hard on the pulmonary fibrosis and also on his heart. Now with the PTSD figured in, it is nearly impossible.

Things that never bothered him before, do now. Things that somewhat bothered him before, really do now. When he looks at the inmates- he sees vietcong in black pajamas.

Also he cannot get the flu or any bug. He dresses warm and wears gloves, so he does not tough the inmates. If VA gives him enough on the comp, then, he may consider leaving after his 401 k is matched. Then he could begin FMLA etc. Your life is worth everything. He wants to be able to enjoy what time he has left with me and our daughter.

It is just hard to live on SSDI laone. I have tried to find a job, so he could just leave. I do know whay it is important to get his retirement.

Thanks for listening to my long post.