VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Continuity Of Treatment After Service

Rate this question

pelicanbrave

Question

Good Afternoon,

I don't post very often but I can't seem to find a claim that is similar to mine. Here's my history: I am service connected at 10% for Hypertintion and 20% left knee laxity due to three knee surgeries. They removed part of my patella and performed a lateral release. I filed several claims this year, three of which I'm trying to service connect. My military service includes 4 years Air Force, 1987-1991 and US Army 1994-2000. I recieved a medical discharge for my knee and hypertention. I filed a claim for Cervical Radiculpathy, Carpal Tunnel, and Tinitus along with a few more. My questions are I filed a claim when I was leaving the Army for a cyst in my wrist which was denied because it was not well grounded. Looking back I agree but I was seen about 10 month after getting out at an ER and the doctor wrote that I had a positive Tinels sign which is consistent with Carpal Tunnels and not a gangleon cyst.Seven years later I was diagnosed at the VA with severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I have no median nerve response at all. I did go to the doc in the Army and complained of pain in my wrist.

- Is this a valid claim with a chance of winning

- Should I claim Direct Service Connection

- If so, what degree of compensation is set for no median nerve response

Next, Cervicai Radiculpathy. I was also seen within 10 months of discharge for this at the ER. Pain in shoulders, numbness in fingers and muscle spasms in arm. I have been many times for this and last December had spinal fusion at C6-C7. I have also been diagnosed at the VA with Chronic Back Pain for lower back issues. I was seen in service for lower back pain but not service connected for my back at all. I was seen for pain in my shoulder as well. I have been to the doctor ans VA 25 times or more in 11 years.

- Is my claim for Cervical Radiculpathy a valid claim with a chance of winning

- Should I claim Direct Service Connection

- My neurosurgeon wrote me a letter which he stated that he had reviewed an extensive number of Military Treatment records and civilian treatment records and it was "quite Possible that my condition, Cervical Radiculpathy, incurred or was agrivated by my military service. This is not in VA format, Will it be a good enough IMO?

- Should I file a claim for Direct Service Connection for my lower back as well?

Thank everyone in advance. I had one C&P exam already and two more are scheduled for this week. This site was dead on with what I expected at the exams.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Maybe it might help if you look up in the archives of vawatchdog.org as the site is still up and look in the search area to assist your endeavors. The site has recently changed as the moderator stepped down related to health issues, however the new site is attempting to bring forth new valuable information too.

The older site has years of very important steps to follow too. Good luck with your claim, and with your search engines too!

"denied because it was not well grounded" That was prior top the VCAA.

It is possible that this regulation could help you re-open that claim and get the best possible EED: