VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Review Recommended For

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Jim Strickland ,VAWatchdog Today recommends that advocates and vets etc get familiar with the Nehmer regs at:

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm

There are other articles as to retro etc at the NVLSP site.

I check Nehmer regulations often when we get a Nehmer question here as I don't want to rely on my memory regarding this extensive Court Order and Stipulation.

The litigation has been condensed at NVLSP web site and the important points to Nehmer are stated in simple terms.If I see a very complex Nehmer question here I can call NVLSP and run it by them.Most Nehmer claims questions however are easy to answer as Nehmer is pretty cut and dried.I only hope our vet reps out there are getting up to speed on it.

With the projected 140,000 past denied claims that are now AO claims, the VA has traditionally made retro errors in these types of claims.They have already made errors in some new AO claims such as the CAD denial that Jim got turned around in a matter of days.

We are bound to start seeing some Nehmer problems here.

The Agent Orange email addy is at the NVLSP web site for any vet or widow denied for a issue that is now a new Presumptive.

You will get back a generic email as they are comparing this list they are accumulating with the lists at every RO to make sure all past denied claims get proper assessments under Nehmer for Retro comp.

I suggest for anyone filing a new AO caim for Parkinson's,IHD, or Hairy Cell B who was denied in the past for this same disability- to remind VA of the date of the past denial.And to contact NVLSP at their AO email addy.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet