VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Which One Carries More Weight?

Rate this question

OEF 21B

Question

C&P Evaluator (non-MD psychologist) SC'd me with Anxiety Disorder NOS, mild and transient impact of anxiety on the veteran's ability to perform occupational tasks..., mild social and occupational impairment related to his reported symptoms..., shows only limited functional impairment in relationship to these symptoms, and gave me a GAF of 70 on 20 OCT 10.

Axis I - Anxiety Disorder NOS

Axis II - Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Traits

Axis III - Knee pain, left shoulder pain

Axis IV - Adjustment to retirement from military, family difficulties particularly with his oldest daughter

Axis V - 70

Went to my first VA MH yesterday (14 DEC 10) and spent almost 2 hrs with MD Psychiatrist who DX'd me with Chronic PTSD due to combat trauma, impaired concentration, and social isolation. He laid out a complete treatment plan with group therapy and new meds (switched me from 10mg of Lexapro to 40mg of Citalopram) and keeping me on 0.5mg of Alprazolam (Zanax) for panic attacks, and I'll start my first group therapy session next week.

Axis I - PTSD, Panic Disorder w/o agoraphobia

Axis II - No Diagnosis

Axis III - See PMhx

Axis IV - job related problems

Axis V - 47

My question is: Which one of these ratings will carry more weight with the rating board, the VA MD Psych that is now treating my PTSD or the non-MD Psychologist that conducted my C&P?

Also, when my new VA doc read my C&P report on-line he said "Oh, you had Mr. xxxx, we've had problems with his C&P exams before. If you don't get rated for PTSD, you need to immediately file an appeal and get it changed to a PTSD DX."

Thanks for your comments,

OEF 21B

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

OEF,

I realize my level of tenacity is quite high :-)

and sure hope your VSO follows-up with your request.

(hint - fax - hint)

Hi Carlie - Checked with my VSO and he sent the new report down like I asked him. I'll check on-line in a day or so to make sure that it got there. I also had another meeting with the VA Doc that holds an open group session for OEF/OIF Vets. I guess I "passed" because he invited me to join the group starting this Wednesday. I thought it was just going to be a quick 10-15 minute meeting but it ended up being right at an hour... I'll get a copy of his report in a day or so, and see what it says. My claim has been in the development stage since 30 August while the VA tries to get copies of my medical records from Iraq. I've tried calling some buddies in Iraq and haven't been able to get any copies either, so I guess the VA will just have to go without them.

Thanks again for your comments!