VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C& P Exams And Medical Records To Take With You

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

Let me start with the fact that my husband is in a individual 12 week coginitive therapy PTSD Program with our local VA CBOC.

This claims applies to claims and also C & P Exams, so I was not sure where to post it.

• 10/18/10- Faxed form 21-0781- Statement in Support of Claim for Service Connection for PTSD to DAV(who is right next door to our regional office for claims. They walk it over and get it stamped then.
  • 10/26/10- Received a letter from VA that they received his application for benefits. They said that with the great number of claims, action may be delayed. They went on to say that they are in the process of deciding whether additional evidence or information is needed. If they need anything, then they will contact us. He had all of the stressors filled out with proof of a PH and a Bronze Star with V Device and it showed that he was on the ground boots running in Vietnam. I was surprised to even get a response that quick.
  • We went to see our local VSO and he said that we need to go on and get the VA Mental Health lady to send in all the information she had on him, since she had diagnosed him with PTSD. That way, if they did need more, it would be right there. It would not slow it down, but speed it up.
  • Last week after his session, my husband asked her to send in all of the information she had to the RO. She said that in her experience, when he had his C&P, they would just pull it up. She did not think that this was n ecessary. How do you know they will want to take the time to pull it up at the C & P? She does do her job very well.
  • What should we do? Do we try again and stress to her that claims needs to have it in the file beforehand or should we have the Memphis VA pull up his records for all of her sessions, print them, and have that in hand and also fax it to them? Would you get the same thing that she would send by getting them yourself?
  • You would think her diagnosis and all of his stressors would do. He cannot remember names around here, but he can remember all of his fallen friends back in 1970 and 1971. It is really affecting his job performance.
  • Any help anayone has will be appreciated.
  • Rockman's wife

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In you application for PTSD benefits you should name all sources of records for the VA to attempt to get. That includes any VA records. Don't assume the VA will do that on their own. If you husband has a PTSD DX and verified stressors he should get SC'ed for PTSD. However, you have to be sure all the facts are in front of the VA.

In you application for PTSD benefits you should name all sources of records for the VA to attempt to get. That includes any VA records. Don't assume the VA will do that on their own. If you husband has a PTSD DX and verified stressors he should get SC'ed for PTSD. However, you have to be sure all the facts are in front of the VA.

Thanks. The only records we have of my husband's PTSD is from the VA itself. He waited almost 40 years to decide to file for PTSD. He just did want those doors open and still does not want to. The VA Mental Health lady could not figure out why he has not filed for PTSD before now. He said that he was able to work. Now, it has really affected his job performance. He is coping the best that he can right now. I believe that alot of vets just do not want to face it. If they do no open up a claim, then they can deny having PTSD.