VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation & Pension

Rate this question

EdB

Question

Hey guys & gals, I have a question that I am sure you can help me with. I filed claims on Sleep Apnea and some back injuries I had in the service. Well they denied both of them and I filed a NOD and they denied that . I should have got an IMO on both, but I didn't. Now I am getting the IMO's but I am not sure if I should keep the appeal going to the BVA or just file a new claim again when I get the IMO's to proof my service connection. If I do file again, do I have to wait a full year?

Any help and guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hey to all that have served and continue to serve....Happy Holidays and God Bless and Keep you all. I am 70% UI (major depression-anxiety disorder as of 2002) and I have been struggling for years since getting out in 1992 with: female reproductive/menstrual disorders/problems (Dysmenorrhea--Loss of Female Reproductive Organs-Hysterectomy), Neuropsychological and Neurological issues, Cognitive function issues, Gastrointestinal issues: Diverticulitis, Auto-Immune issues and Skeletal Muscular (joint and muscle) pain are my primary symptoms. I have finally started connecting the dots with illnesses that relate to Gulf War Syndrome, because no one can tell me what I have. The VAMC are saying that my illnesses are undiagnosed multi-symptoms, however, I am tried to apply for Gulf War Registry (GWR) today. They said "no". As I mentioned, although I did not physically serve in the Gulf, Chem Detox was my war time job as my Specialty code in the USAF was Accounting and Finance. I did receive a series of biological/chemical warfare shots such as Anthrax and Botulinum. I have field another Claim for compensation per my VFW Rep. I explained to the GWR, that I could not be deployed, because I was pregnant and dealing with symptoms before I was discharged in October 1992. Since, I have experience a myriad of sickness and issues above. I have been sick for so long, and they now found in May of 2010, that I might have Lupus or Fibromyalgia, but they are not diagnosing anything because they classify as "unexplained" mutli-symptom illnesses. I am so angry right now. I just do not know what to do? I have been in and out of the hospital because of pain and mental health issues, as my health have deterrioted rapidly. My husband is about to lose his job soon. He has been caring for me since 2004. I complained for years and the VAMC has now decided to follow up after not following the symptoms. I since filed a C & P in September this year again to be re-evaluated for SMC. I do not know what to do at this point? Per the 38 CFR 3.317, I should qualify as a Gulf War Veteran with unexplained/undiagnosed illnesses, but the Gulf War Registry is saying "no". Has anyone experienced any issues such as this, and if so, where are you now with your claim, or if you were successful in getting your "undiagnosed" illness compensation, please share any insight or information? I am sure my C & P exam is coming in 2011. I just do not know what they are going to rate in regards to my undiagnosed/unexplained illnesses. God Bless and Keep you and your families this Holiday Season 2010.

Edb,

IMO the reason you posted above is not grounds for a CUE claim.

Carrie, OK I applied for a back injury in 1969 when I was in the Navy Hospital. They denied my claim in 1969 because they said there was no records of my accident and subquential hospitalizaton for 30 days. Well I reuested my SMR earlier this year and low and behold my medical records showed that I had a back injury and was hopsitalized. Then I sent them the new evidence and requested a C&P exam, which they gave me. They only did two x-rays of my lower back, but my claim was for back and neck injury. Anyway they denied it saying it didn't create my back problems. So if i get an IMO that says yes the truama to my back in 1967 has created my disability now, then why couldn't I file a cue on this one?

Edb