VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao And The Us Navy

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

I am a service officer and I am currently dancing with the VA on an issue regarding a Sailor, on the USS Power, which from a USASCRUR report the the VA PROVIDED, (YES THEM), it states that the USS Power docked in Da Nang, Vietnam for seven hours and conducted whale boat operations. We have a letter from a fellow veteran who served on the USS Power and corroberates the veterans claim that they docked in Da Nang and they both went ashore. The VA goes on to say that his evidence contradicts because the motorboat operations were for refueling and the operations were conducted from the beach with the Commanding Officer and other personnel aboard for briefings ashore. The evidence does not establish a relationshiop to herbicide exposure S/C for Ischemic Heart is denied.

Question what am I missing here? I did not know that the Commanding Officer did the refueling!! When the morning reports come out all they say is the Officer's name and about five, six sailors whatever. It does not name the enlisted men. We do not count.

Right now this 11-2009 is with a Decision Reveiw Officer since March of 2010. I keep checking and we do not hear squat from the VA. It is in there somewhere.

Any ideas, you have folks out there smarter than me? Appreicate it and thanks for serving this great country of ours (at least it used to ours)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

The VA contends that Danang was a blue water port and not a brown water port.

I think their distinction is very arbitrary.

However- he said "they both went ashore" and proving that is the key to his claim.

What did he do on shore? Where did he go?

Do you have copy of the USASCRUR report?

Can you attach it here to a post?

"When the morning reports come out all they say is the Officer's name" Have you googled the officer's name?

Was the buddy statement detailed as to time and place and notarized?

What did the VA say as to his buddy statement?

Appreciate your response. Him and the other sailor were taking garbage ashore. Sorry but I do not have the USASCRUR report handy. They, VA, says the letter from the buddy is contradictory to the USASCRUR report, though the report as I remember it said they did DOCK in Da Nang. See the attached file that I submitted on the veterans behalf.

post-2958-0-22778100-1292535455_thumb.jp