Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
Sapper

C&p For Migraines

Question

Hi Everyone,

I went out to Minneapolis today early early in the morning, on the slick ice on the highway, fun fun. I arrived at the VA very early, and was early for my appointment. The doctor seemed quiet, not as talkative as the last few C&P's I've had lately. He basically asked me how often I got headaches, what were the symptoms, and then checked out my reflexes and eyes. He asked what I did on my tour, and was taking notes the whole time. This C&P lasted about 10 minutes. 2 hours of driving out there in crap weather for a 10 minute C&P. This boggled my mind. I made a remark telling him that this was the fastest C&P I've ever had, and he just replied by saying that headaches and migraines are pretty straight forward and quick to do.

I believe they're trying to find a service connection for the migraines, since I've already provided proof from a hospital that I have them from an ER visit where I had to leave work early. Hopefully they're able to service connect it. I'll go ahead with some details and you can all chime in on what you think will happen, and if you believe they could be service connected, what rating you think I might recieve.

How often do you get the headaches? About once a week

Where do they hurt, and for how long? Usually in the back of my head, sometimes in front. They last anywhere from one to three hours.

What do you do when you get them? I usually lay down in the bedroom, with the lights off and keep it quiet until it passes.

Can you feel them coming on? If so, what do you believe triggers them? Sometimes I can, I believe stress, flashbacks, panic attacks trigger them.

When did they start? About halfway in my deployment, after a response where we gave aid to a blown up Air Force Hummvee crew.

Were you hit by IED's? Not personally, but I have been close enough to them when they go off, and also I had a fuel tanker truck blow up roughly 50-100 meters on the side of me while I ran along side of it to get to the other side after an explosion, to get to the TCN driver and administer aid. This jarred me, but did not knock me off my feet.

What are your symptoms when you have a migraine attack? I cannot focus my vision, everything looks holographic. My head usually starts hurting, I get nausea, dizzy, and I usually lose my balance and have to lay down.

I hope this helps give an idea of what they asked. As I stated before, this was the fastest exam I have ever had. I think even my Tinnitus exam lasted longer than this. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say. Thank you all once again for your time and opinions. Take care and have a great Holiday Season!

5 answers to this question

sapper,

Hopefully the examiner will be able to supply a nexus to active duty

and support it with full medical rationale.

Below is the rating criteria for the percentages allowed for Migraines.

http://edocket.acces...38cfr4.124a.htm

8100 Migraine:

Ad

Yeah I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I never went in for migraines when I was overseas because I didn't really know what they were until this summer. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out. Thanks for the reply!

sapper,

Hopefully the examiner will be able to supply a nexus to active duty

and support it with full medical rationale.

Below is the rating criteria for the percentages allowed for Migraines.

http://edocket.acces...38cfr4.124a.htm

8100 Migraine:

Sounds like classic migraines, which is why he said they are pretty straight forward. They check for neurological damage, signs of stroke, etc. each time I go to the neurologist. Start keeping a record of your attacks, when they start, how long they last and the severity. Depending on your responses you are having long and prostrating attacks (my opinion only) similar to mine. If you don't get 50% (max), you need to request reconsideration. Again (can't stress this enough) keep a record. If you can go back in time (I looked at my timesheet and tracked the sick leave I had to use for them) all the better.

Sapper, if you dont mind me asking how did your tinnitus C&P go? I will have to go to one soon. Thank you

Actually, I went in for loss of hearing, and they just diagnosed me with Tinnitus. I don't really recall going in for a C&P specifically for it. Sorry.

Sapper, if you dont mind me asking how did your tinnitus C&P go? I will have to go to one soon. Thank you