VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Site Is Not Processing Request

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

Every time I try to get an iris update for the last 6 months -I get this message-anyone know what this is or how to fix this issue-there is a link on e-beniefts , as usual anything associated with that site is no good-thumbs down

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I reported this to VAOIG, hope everyone else does too!

I've been trying unsuccessfully for 3-4 months to send an IRIS, get the same stupid junk every time. I reported it to the 1-800 line, of course that got no response other than the standard VA thinking of "You must really be an idiot, huh?". (They don't say it, but the tone of voice SCREAMS it.)

I've tried it from only the most commonly used browser in the world, Internet Explorer. I've tried Mozilla. I even tried with my new Blackberry browser. SSDD every time. Hello, VA, might you possibly consider that the problem is with YOUR software, capiche? When everyone else but you is marching in rhythym, who is out of step?

I emailed the OIG last week. I will call them next week. I have a gut feeling that somewhere, some VA bigshot is getting a fat bonus because, hey, guess what, response time for IRIS replies is up 66%. (He won't mention that they are actually only receiving 33% of the attempted IRIS messages thanks to this fix.)

Here's the link to the OIG page.

http://www4.va.gov/oig/contacts/

I use FireFox and MS Explorer and have had no problems with IRIS using either browser. You might want to check how your computer deals with cookies. Not the ones we are going to leave out for Santa next week in hopes of getting that new Mercedes, but the cookies some websites, like hadit and IRIS, leave on your computer. Set your internet security to default.

Something I recommend to everyone using Windows (any version) is to download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free and it does a very good job of protecting your computer, at least as well as the paid for programs like Norton and McAfee. Run the program and have it delete as many cookies as it finds. You will have to enter passwords to sites that you had saved the first time you visit them after deleting the cookies, but at least you are starting clean. Some cookies conflict with others and you get weird results as you surf the web.

Something I recommend to everyone using Mac OS X is to sell your computer, buy a Windows based computer, download and install Microsoft Security Essentials and send me the all the money that is left. (Sorry Tbird couldn't resist!)

The VA is usually a couple of steps behind the rest of the internet so if you upgrade your browser, it may not play nice with sites that are not setup for the new one. I used to have to wait at least six months to upgrade my browser or I couldn't access my on-line banking.

According to Microsoft, that error is a problem with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) and .net framework. Try this fix:

http://www.gidforums.com/t-1513.html

If this does not work, your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may be able to help you, so contact them. Changing browsers does not seem to help. Of course, you can also change to a free Operating System software (non Microsoft) such as http://www.linuxmint.com/

and it will eliminate all Microsoft problems such as Blue Screen of death, thousands of virii, etc. It will take you some work to make the switch to Linux, but Linux lovers say its well worth it. Personally, I Dual boot my computer with mint linux and Windows 7 so I have the best of both worlds. More free operating system software is available here, along with reviews:

http://distrowatch.com/ I personally have used mintlinux, ubuntu, kubuntu, and Knoppix and have found them to be superior to Windows in many ways. Since this is "open source software" you can download these free, and burn your own CD/DVD, and even share the software with any/all of your friends/family, unlike Microsoft products. This is all perfectly legal. Most of these you can run "live", that is, you can try them on your computer without installing by simply running the operating system from your CD/dvd drive. Then if you dont like them, just take the CD out of the drive and you can just go back to Windows.

IMHO this is not a problem with the VA's IRIS or its server because others contact IRIS with no problems.