VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Claims

Rate this question

jsdwd

Question

I have heard from two independent sources that all rating of claims/appeals has been put on hold while so-called Nehmer claims are processed. The edict from Washington is to complete these cases by the end of December.

I have an appeal that was handed off to the rater nearly two months ago and has not moved a milimeter since. I'm told that all raters are working on the 'special Agent Orange cases'...

Is there any truth to this? Has anyone else been told this? There is not much available via Google and when I call my local representative's veterans affairs person, they knew nothing about it.

What's going on?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

JSD

You know a little while ago the rumor was that OIF/OEF vets were getting put at the head of the line. Who knows how the VA does anything?

JSDWD Thanks for starting this thread. My claim is at the St.Petersburg RO and I was told the exact same thing from my VSO. My claim has been at the rating board since Oct. 6th. I was informed that since my claim date is 06/03/10 it will not get worked untill after the Nehmer claims are processed. Only advice that I can give you is hang in there, they will get to them in due time.

IMHO, disinformation. My IHD claim languished at Louisville RO for 14 months and then sent to Roanoke for Nehmer decision. You are right, they are right, I am right,ect. Who knows for sure, can't trust anything said by anyone anymore.

We are all in this sinking garbage barge called the Veterans Administrations, the system is broken and most likely won't be fixed in at least the Vietnam era veterans life time.

But as a after-side, I saw the most tender and heart felt thing today at the VAMC in Mt. Home, Tenn. Students from a local middle school brought in gifts for the residents of the Domiciliary. I hope those young folks realize what a wonderful and special event that they were able to be a part of.

Despite what we think sometimes, there are still some who HONOR the American Veteran, I felt grateful to have witnessed such an event.

God Bless the American Veteran

Dave

I was told the same thing by a paralegal less than two weeks ago. Mine is a 3 time remand that was going to be completed in 45-60 days in early November and now no one can give me an answer while we twist in the wind emotionally and financially.