VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Home Care

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just fired the VA fee base contract physical therapist. The guy never showed up when he said he would come even after I told him if he did not come when we agreed to not come at all. I should have known if the VA was paying for it then it would be crappy. Now they blacken my name as being non-compliant or some such nonsense. Really, all I get from the VA that is decent is free pills. Everything else is substandard including dental and vision services. I wonder if the American public knows how their dollars are being spent at the VA?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

They contract to the lowest bidder I think. The guy that came to my house was incompetent. At least VA employees usually have some kind of certificate. I don't know what kind of training this joker had. If this is the kind of home care you can expect from the VA never get really sick.

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience has been they contract with service providers who usually do Medicare or Medicaid Accounts. I have had some getting started off problems but I made it plain that they had to call me to remind on day of appointment and it has to be on Tuesday and Thursday not when they feel like it.

Its not professional for them to just show up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

That's right. This outfit that sent the PT guy to me does contract with medicare and medicade. All I really wanted was for fee base to pay for some PT since the VA was hounding me to get it. Forget it! If I can just continue to get my check every month from the VA that is all I need from them. That check comes on the first.