VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Claim Taking A Long Time

Rate this question

ranger43

Question

I was denied in 2004 for IHD associated with AO. I filed Nehmer claim 11/2009. I am in Tennessee. I found out it was sent to North Carolina to the Nehmer group. I have been in contact with them by phone several times over the last couple of months and have done IRIS inquiries. All I am told by both is "it is pending"....well I already knew that. I called the DAV that represents me and all they say is "it should have been given to a VSR but looks like it is stalled" They did tell me they have everything they need. I have a copy of my C&P which states IHD as does my personal cardiologist. This should be open and shut. I see people that just filed a few months ago already having their claim settled. I can't get a good answer or find anyone that acts like they care. I know they are busy but come on..... Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well I just spoke to someone at the VA toll free number and all they told me was pending, not waiting on additional information and that the claims are being worked according to the date they were submitted. She said which was 5/24/2010. I told her no it was 11/2009. She then says oh I see a 11/19/2009 date here, they MAY be using that date. I asked if she knew what date range they are currently processing and got a big no. Is it stalled because of the date issue????

Oh MY

Bob

Same here, claim "pending" or what ever the heck that is. Denied 2006, refiled 2009 languished in Louisville until 3 weeks ago and found out it has been sent to Roanoke for Nehmer.

Real simple claim, went to Vietnam in 1969 and stayed 18 months. Had Massive heart attack in 2005, denied IHD 2006 V A makes IHD a presumptive in 2010, pay me my compensation.

Getting real hard to keep a positive attitude about the VA Claim system. Sec. Shinseki fix this NOW!!!!!!!!

God Bless the Amercian Veteran.

Dave

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason your being delayed is this fact. In 2009 IHD was not a Nehmer issue. The only way to be SC's for Heart disease was direct or secondary to DMII or HTN.

The changes in the regs are to be considered New and Material Evidence hence the regs published last in October 10.

They had to re do your claim because of the changes in the regs and you should now be a Nehmer member. Your Effective date hould be when you originally filed.

Hang in there. I know Louisville and they aint too bad. Someone else can chime in about Ronoake.

J

:unsure: Hey JBASSER.....

I found this in the New AO IHD regulation:

"According to Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine (Harrison's

Online, Chapter 237, Ischemic Heart Disease, 2008), IHD is a condition

in which there is an inadequate supply of blood and oxygen to a portion

of the myocardium; it typically occurs when there is an imbalance

between myocardial oxygen supply and demand. Therefore, for purposes of

this regulation, the term ``IHD'' includes, but is not limited to,

acute, subacute, and old myocardial infarction; atherosclerotic

cardiovascular disease including coronary artery disease (including

coronary spasm) and coronary bypass surgery; and stable, unstable and

Prinzmetal's angina. Since the term refers only to heart disease, it

does not include hypertension or peripheral manifestations of

arteriosclerosis such as peripheral vascular disease or stroke.

Does this meant that HTN does NOT cause IHD??? Sounds like it to me...just replying because of your last entry that stated heart disease had to be cuased by or secondary to DMII or HTN...

Seems to me if you are geeting SCd for HTN due to developing high blood pressue in service...you could still get IHD compensation for CHF, heart attack, low LVF, CAD etc.

I just want to be sure I understand how this all works.. All responses appreciated

Bob :unsure::wacko:

• HadIt.com Elder

No, it does not mean HBP cannot cause heart disease. They are taking about PAD and stroke and ruling them out as far as the IHD claims. You can be connected for heart disease secondary to HBP or DMII. Now you can also be connected for IHD due solely to AO exposure. If you have a DX of IHD via the VA I think you will get your SC. You are getting yourself worried. I know the feeling, but I think you will be OK. Waiting is nerve wracking. Do you have PTSD by any chance? I got connected for heart via a SC for DMII due to AO.

John,

Thanks for reply. When i filed in 2004 for heart disease due to agent orange i was denied for the agent orange exposure. Then my DAV rep saw in my records where I developed High blood pressure while in Vietnam and I am getting sc'd for hypertension now. I also have DMII and am getting SC'd for that, neurapothy for both legs due to dmII but ot for heart. I also get compensated for PTSD. I also get compensated for combat wounds. I am currently at 90% and hope this IHD will push me to 100%. I think they are waiting for me to die.....Just afraid Im gonna get screwed... bet yall know this feeling too.

Thanks

Bob