VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has This Happened To You At C&pexam?

Rate this question

sammy104

Question

My husband went in for his c&p for exam to upgrasde his sc disability. He is total dependatant , as he had massive stroke last year, and needs 24 hr care, has occasional tremmors also. I filled out the 5 page questionaire warning them of his current state of health, in addition to info specifically realated to is s c disability. He is in weelchair..and after I got him into room, they asked me to leave, and my husband will talk to the dr. I said he cant speak due to stroke. It did not matter. I guess they didnt read the formo I just gave them? I had to go to waiting room and he would be fine. I sais , no he wont he has occassional tremmors and cannot be sitting in room alone please. on and on this went till finally the dr who heard me from other room said he would go in tere rite now. The exam was over. I had no idea what they did. How was it a good exam if my husband cannot talk, and has limited mental capacity due to stroke??. He shakes his head yes to anything you ask him. How was it a correct exam if he was alone with dr and cannot speak?

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Our FTCA forum here has Section 1151 information.

Make sure you have ALL VA medical records before you send them this claim. They wrote 1151 all over my C file when they got my 1151 claim and would not release anything else to me.

Berta help me understand this. I spoke with VA rep by fone and 1151 is seperate claim other than SC...but...they do stay ALL in vets file....both claims will go on....never did rep say if i filed a 1151 claim....nothing would be released to me???? confused Berta ..please explain..thank you

".never did rep say if i filed a 1151 claim....nothing would be released to me???? confused Berta ..please explain..thank you"

Maybe this rep has had different experience than I did.

My last rep had never even handled a 1151 claim.

Also I filed FTCA too so this is another reason they don't want to release records after 1151 claims are filed because many 1151ers have FTCA basis as well.

You will need ALL clinical records available for VA for any IMO anyhow so best to get copies of them. The IMO Independent medical opinion could cover both the other claim we discussed here (SC disability-possibly causing stroke) as well as the 1151 claim. These have to be separate claims.

The claims all go in the same C file which is different from the medical record file.

IMOs should conform to the IMO format here in the IMO forum.

Maybe if you file the 1151 claim first they will still release any records but my experience is that the more evidence they got from me regarding malpractice, the more important stuff started to 'disappear' from the files.