VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Timeline

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I retired from the Army on 31 Oct 2010 and I completed my C&P exam back in July. I know they just started working on my claim on 01 Nov however my question is how long does it usually take to get a rating. I filed more than 30 claims so I know the time may be a bit longer than normal.

V/r

Vet2010

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

All Claims have been service connected, the lower back pain is do to surgery (Disectomy) 3 levels. I have not received any rating for any claim, my total claims listed came out to be 33. Once I receved my letter from the VA stating they received my claims, yes they were all listed. I know many such as the knee pain do to my back pain will probably be rated at 0%. The Back Surgery was for 3 level degenerative bone disease and Osterithis caused by Airborne. The medication that I currently take (Exalgo) is a Hydramorphine and once taken I cannot function. What I wanted to do was claim all ailments from when I went on Sick Call over for the past 20yrs. Many ailments no longer bother me however I wanted to ensure as I get older I am sure they will begin to affect me. Will this be from old age or from serving in the military? I came in the military perfectly healthy and I want to be compensated for what ailments that occurred while serving. The 17 issues listed below are 17 of 33, digging out my VA letter and trying to remember all ailments is a little donting at times. I have had Polyps removed from my Colon and Stomach. I have acid reflux caused by Polyps in the stomach. As stated earlier, I wear two hearing aides, I have had Eye surgery several times do to a growth growing in the inside of my eye lid causing blurred vision. I wear a back brace and corrective lenses (glasses). I will file a NOD and a TDIU as soon as get my rating back if it is less than 100%. I am not trying to claim false ailments, I am claiming what is really wrong with me.

Vet2010

All Claims have been service connected, the lower back pain is do to surgery (Disectomy) 3 levels. I have not received any rating for any claim, my total claims listed came out to be 33. Once I receved my letter from the VA stating they received my claims, yes they were all listed. I know many such as the knee pain do to my back pain will probably be rated at 0%. The Back Surgery was for 3 level degenerative bone disease and Osterithis caused by Airborne. The medication that I currently take (Exalgo) is a Hydramorphine and once taken I cannot function. What I wanted to do was claim all ailments from when I went on Sick Call over for the past 20yrs. Many ailments no longer bother me however I wanted to ensure as I get older I am sure they will begin to affect me. Will this be from old age or from serving in the military? I came in the military perfectly healthy and I want to be compensated for what ailments that occurred while serving. The 17 issues listed below are 17 of 33, digging out my VA letter and trying to remember all ailments is a little donting at times. I have had Polyps removed from my Colon and Stomach. I have acid reflux caused by Polyps in the stomach. As stated earlier, I wear two hearing aides, I have had Eye surgery several times do to a growth growing in the inside of my eye lid causing blurred vision. I wear a back brace and corrective lenses (glasses). I will file a NOD and a TDIU as soon as get my rating back if it is less than 100%. I am not trying to claim false ailments, I am claiming what is really wrong with me.

Vet2010

Vet2010,

Just for benefits clarification purposes - nothing is actually service connected until it goes completely

through the VA disability adjudication process and the VBA puts in writing that the issue is service connected

whether it be at zero percent or higher.

You posted,

"What I wanted to do was claim all ailments from when I went on Sick Call over for the past 20yrs.

Many ailments no longer bother me however I wanted to ensure as I get older I am sure they will begin to affect me.

Will this be from old age or from serving in the military? "

Keep in mind that to get something you have to actually have a residual disability from active duty.

The VBA will determine if some of the "ailments" no longer exist and have left no residual disability

and/or if some of the ailments claimed are just natural from age.

I do not see getting SC for wearing corrective lenses.

An important claim that I forgot to mention was Depression, do to my lower Back pain and my other ailments I find myself crying alot. Before my back problems started I use to be a Youth League Soccer coach and Youth Mentor. Because I can no longer do the normal day to day activites with my children I feel lost. I spoke to V.A. this morning and they told me they have concluded that they have all documents and that they are sending it over to the rater within the next couple of weeks. The also told gave me an inquirary number and told me to that I wilbe receivng a call within 10 days. prior to me filing my claim, I only saw a pyschiatrist once and he did not prescribe any meds, However when I was seen by the VA pychiatrist she told me that I was clearly clinicaly depressed and that she could not figure out why my civilian doctor did not prescribe meds. I had my co-worker and supervisor write statements stating that they use to assist me with putting on my boots and jacket, my wife also wrote a statement stating that our lives have changed signifcantly do to these issues. I cannot see or contemplate when someone tell me I have enough evidence yet the VA will probably give you a 0% rating. If the VA system is this broken then we need to fix it.

V/r

vet2010