VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Headaches And High Blood Pressure

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, with headaches and HBP, I'd want to be darn sure that the cause was found. The two together can be a symptom of an even more serious medical problem.

That aside, you can try to get the HBP SC'd. A good medical opinion will be needed that links the headaches and HBP.

Chuck-you are profoundly correct here.

Yesterday I took some time to look at my C file- I only have it up to about 2003 but as I went over that and some med recs-I realize we should have seen a real doctor when my husband was having severe headaches and dizzy spells and many VA ER trips.

VA doc asked if he had ever been in an explosion and he had-in Vietnam- but didn't seem to have hearing problems at all and then the doc said he had hole in his eardrum and sent him for audio tests.

His passed those tests but the audiologist made an odd comment on the test results and told him to go back to the Doc with her notes.

The doc got mad when he read it and told Rod to file hearing loss claim (which he didn't because he could hear well)

The doc should have said file a claim for Brain Damage and diabetes! His HBP was not being medicated right and between that and the headaches and DMII he had suffered from mini cerebral strokes causing the dizziness.

Most headaches and HBP can have many less severe causes.

But best to find out the true cause.It took the VA over 9 years to do that in my husband's case.