VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C H A M P V A - One Of The Very Best Benefits!

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just got through gathering up the Wife's receipts for the last three months to send in to CHAMPVA.

Total is $2,233.00 that was NOT covered by her employer-provided health insurance.

She has diabetes and some of her drugs are like $450 over and above her primary health insurance.

YUP, I am most pleased with CHAMPVA. There will be a check in the mailbox for this, probably before the first of the year.

Being 100% disabled is NOT FUN...........heck, if I was able to work my health insurance because of my work would take the place of the CHAMPVA, with HER work's health insurance being the "primary" payor.

So, I guess that we are not getting anything that I would not have if I were "employable"...............but, it still makes my heart feel good about the CHAMPVA benefits.

Thanks, VA!

Berta

The meds by mail program works well if you have on going meds. Once you get it set up it is completely free. As with the rest of CHAMPVA absolutely no hassles. Hard to beat free.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Hard to beat free."

Free? Well, I guess that kinda depends on which part of yourself you consider "free". I, personally, would appreciate my leg back, and my sanity.

But, yeah, I'll go along with "free".

just sayin'...............:rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, and if your dependants have CHAMPVA, then they can set up with their regular pharmacy for the pharmacy to send the CHAMPVA stuff directly to CHAMPVA and receive payment directly FROM CHAMPVA without you having to keep up with your receipts and sending them in every so often. It works just like Medicare and you can tell your pharmacy that, and that all they need do is fill out the same stuff that they send in to Medicare, except that they send it in to CHAMPVA in Colorado.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSX Health Solutions works directly with most major pharmacy chains. We use SAVON Pharmacy at Alberston's and once we showed ChampVA Card they set it up direct and we only make the copay which is 25% of the VA price which is pretty low I mean much lower than Medicare Costs.

My wife can ask for Brand or Generic it is her choice.

Life is good.

Thanks titlewave -maybe I will sign up for the meds by mail.

I have been reluctant because my husband was a victim of a well documented VA pharmacy error days before he died.The VA could have killed another vet who lives near us as they got the meds mixed up for them both and they blamed the Post office who had no fault at all in this.

I know CHAMPVA is different.

I usually get my meds at TOPs market and this store is so nice that I end up spending too much money for food when I pick up my meds there! They can steam a lobster in ten minutes!and always have large fresh chocolate cakes!

I use their online Pharmacy order form (I only have one monthly med) and tell them what time I will be at TOPS the next day and the meds are always ready for me.They also said it is no problem for them to do print out of my co pays for me to get refund on that from CHAMPVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

My husband receives his meds by mail and they have been wonderful.

His heart medicine alone would be $400.00 a month, but at no cost through Champ VA. by mail.

He has always received them on time and the telephone assistance is marvelous.

He has Medicare A&B and Champ VA pays the rest.

We never worry about a dime for his medical expenses.

I highly recommend them to anyone.

Betty