VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C H A M P V A - One Of The Very Best Benefits!

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just got through gathering up the Wife's receipts for the last three months to send in to CHAMPVA.

Total is $2,233.00 that was NOT covered by her employer-provided health insurance.

She has diabetes and some of her drugs are like $450 over and above her primary health insurance.

YUP, I am most pleased with CHAMPVA. There will be a check in the mailbox for this, probably before the first of the year.

Being 100% disabled is NOT FUN...........heck, if I was able to work my health insurance because of my work would take the place of the CHAMPVA, with HER work's health insurance being the "primary" payor.

So, I guess that we are not getting anything that I would not have if I were "employable"...............but, it still makes my heart feel good about the CHAMPVA benefits.

Thanks, VA!

Larry J

When I mentioned free I was not thinking in the context of what we all here have given. Some gave more than others. My comment was not made to put a price on your service. I truly regret that you read that in to it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry J

When I mentioned free I was not thinking in the context of what we all here have given. Some gave more than others. My comment was not made to put a price on your service. I truly regret that you read that in to it.

The only reason that I replied as I did to your posting is this, and it is something that we, as disabled veterans need to keep in mind:

Someone other than a disabled veteran often reads these postings, and those folks, at times, get to reading these things about all of our so-called "benefits" and, of course, them being human, they latch onto this and before you know it they are complaining to their family, their neighbors, their congressional representives, that "those veterans are getting all this "stuff", FREE".

So, often times I will make a posting with the "others" in our web audience in mind. That is what that posting was all about,, and I meant absolutely NO irritation or aggravation toward you. We are "all good", and I'll try to remember that sometimes the things that I post can also cause some of our members to be upset with me.

I am sorry and apologize.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks, we have had CHAMPVA on SVR a couple of times and I can tell you that these folks really care. Listen to the shows in the SVR archives. We are also planning to bring them back on very soon to do another show as ChampVA also deals with other benefits like the foreign medical program.

One important thing to remember that it is January and there are now co pays on Medicare and Champ VA that must be satisfied.

Thanks for posting this topic Larry

J

Larry

I was not upset with you. I was upset with myself for my flip posting. No apologies from you are necessary. The apologies are all mine. Lets consider this finished and move on.

Thank you.

Hello if anyone is still watching the the thread how long once i get my 100% TDIU will my wife and kids be covered? My wife had brain surgery last year and you know how high even after insurance. I was told i had been awarded the IU ratting as I am currently not 100%. I have listed my variuos rattings many times but I think and hope it is over. my wife is anxious as her employer has given her heck with the days she has missed on her and my own health problems. thanks for any ideas or thoughts as to what the time it will take to get them enroled in the system for dependants. Adios..

• HadIt.com Elder

The day you receive your P and T award letter mail the Champp VA application,

You can ask the main ChampVA man very soon as he will be a guest on Svr I think a week from this wednesday.

Glenn Johnson is quite the speaker and he is hell on wheels when it comes to insurance and Champva.

I would have the application filled out and ready to send. I would also get any recipts you have and have the claim forms ready. You have 18 months to back file back to your effective date.

It paid off very well for the Bassers.

Good Luck on your IU and Lets Pray it is P and T.

J