VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

53 Day Decision On Claim?

Rate this question

combatcamera

Question

I recently made a claim for a number of different diseases including chronic bronchitis, hip pain due to them being crooked, PTSD with which I was formally diagnosed and am currently on medication for and a number of other things that I have proof for... It only took the rating board 53 days to come to a decision and now I am in the Notification Phase, is this bad? Does this mean instant denial?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry the VA is trying to speed up claims. Without knowing results form your C&P, Medical History and nexus to service no one can hazard a guess.

Good Luck

I wouldn't read anything into it. Some RO's are super fast and others are slower than time. Which RO are you with?

I am with the Charleston VA named after Ralph H. Johnson. I am super nervous about this and I'm getting ready to leave for school and my newborn baby will be staying with family for a while and I don't know what's going to happen with all this. I keep reading people's posts about it taking almost years for this decision to be made and I'm worried that I may hit a brick wall. One more question, do they alway low ball people at first? And how can you find out the results of your C&P's?

My RO is in Nebraska and is not nearly as overworked at the ones in Houston or St. Pete. Ive had 30-40 day decisions before. Now im on appeal, though, so we'll see.

CAS

• HadIt.com Elder

and thank you for the good luck wish I am going to need it

Hang in there Brother as it should be OK. I have seen lightning strike before.

I have seen claims as fast as 10 days. Deinal for Character of service. I have witnessed approvals in 30 days also.

J