VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

53 Day Decision On Claim?

Rate this question

combatcamera

Question

I recently made a claim for a number of different diseases including chronic bronchitis, hip pain due to them being crooked, PTSD with which I was formally diagnosed and am currently on medication for and a number of other things that I have proof for... It only took the rating board 53 days to come to a decision and now I am in the Notification Phase, is this bad? Does this mean instant denial?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have heard about Shinseki "speeding up" claims, but, so far, its all talk and no action and pretty much Business as Usual for the VA. Shinseki is claiming to have reduced the backlog from one million to 250.000 and I find that unbeleivable, if not a down right lie. One person said that it was a manipulation of numbers explaining that Shinseki moved the goal posts to the 30 yard line making it look like he was scoring a lot more points. Unfortunately, the referees havent heard of touchdowns declared on the 30 yard line, so there is still a million man backlog...its just that 750,000 of them have been somehow "relocated"...maybe they were denied and moved to appeals, and there has been some "combining" of claims also. That is, if you used to have 3 claims in appeals, now you have one and they can be all denied at once. Electronics claims processing is not up to speed yet, nor is ebenefits. Shinseki's promise to "break the back" of the backlog this YEAR, is now that he hopes to have it done by 2015...thats called moving the goal posts.

well I don't know what all that means but I hope they hurry up on yours and that mine turns out okay

it all depends upon the medical evidence you submitted. If you are relying on the va to connect the dots then it is probably a fast denial. That is what I did the first go around. I was denied in 60 days then denied again in 120 days after submitting additional evidence. Then I got an IMO and was granted all conditions calimed in 60 days. No c&P, they rated me on ROM from the IMO doc (my man Bash).