VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ok Now Im Really Confused

Rate this question

usmc0105

Question

Just got off the phone with state rep. She said retro wont come until after the first couple months? like letter first then monthly then retro? She also thought this was an increase and its an initial. was she just off today?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you are expecting a large amount of retro, they have to send it higher up for approval. The last time I got retro, I saw the pending deposit in my bank account a day before I got the VA letter in the mail.

If you are expecting a large amount of retro, they have to send it higher up for approval. The last time I got retro, I saw the pending deposit in my bank account a day before I got the VA letter in the mail.

like 1350 I think. 70% no spouse 2 kids. I dont see that needing extra sigs....

like 1350 I think. 70% no spouse 2 kids. I dont see that needing extra sigs....

File date 28JAN10

Ok here is exactly what rep said if that helps,

".....xxxxxxxxxxxxx is in the final stages of the approval process at the VA Regional Office in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have been informed that we should have a decision by the end of the month in Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxx's favor. This approval will be back dated to Feb 2010."

According to my claims counselor at the VARO I have a rating of 70%-PTSD 10%-Gastrointestinal and others 0%-deffered he signed off on it on Friday AM which I assume meant all the necessary signatures were on it and he was just notified.

"Because federal checks are paid at the end of the month, the soonest he will receive any monthly payment is Feb 1, 2011. The retroactive check normally is paid a month or two later."

Thats whats confusing everyone is telling me retro comes around the time of the letter but she is saying something different.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok here is exactly what rep said if that helps,

".....xxxxxxxxxxxxx is in the final stages of the approval process at the VA Regional Office in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have been informed that we should have a decision by the end of the month in Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxx's favor. This approval will be back dated to Feb 2010."

According to my claims counselor at the VARO I have a rating of 70%-PTSD 10%-Gastrointestinal and others 0%-deffered he signed off on it on Friday AM which I assume meant all the necessary signatures were on it and he was just notified.

"Because federal checks are paid at the end of the month, the soonest he will receive any monthly payment is Feb 1, 2011. The retroactive check normally is paid a month or two later."

Thats whats confusing everyone is telling me retro comes around the time of the letter but she is saying something different.

B.S.

Methinks that your "claims counselor" is kinda new at this.......................................just sayin'

"like 1350 I think. 70% no spouse 2 kids. I dont see that needing extra sigs...."

Are you saying that you think you'll be receiving $1350 retro............back to Feb 2010? Total?

The best thing for your health is to just understand one simple thing.

The money will come - when it comes.

All one can do is keep hanging in there until then.

When the money does come, then you will know what kind of financial

decisions you can now make, to spend it wisely.

You can get many speculative answers on the retro - but it hits

the account whenever they release it.

There are no answers carved in stone regarding this.

JMHO