VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Misdiagnosis From 1969

Rate this question

saddletramp

Question

My MOS was 11E in country Vietnam with the 1st Field Forces. Our AO was Mostly south of Nah Trang, Whisky Mountain, Mang Yang Pass. Mine sweeps, ECT.. I was Dusted off for heat stroke, as my platoon was getting me and some other casualties extracted they chopped out an LZ and when the Med Chopper was coming in I was struck with a small tree in the neck and head, Knocked unconcious, I woke up on the med slick and we were taking fire. Made it to 35 evac ( I am pretty sure) a few days later sent back to the field. A few weeks later while out on patrol I was sent into the firebase for Psychiatric evalution, the sent me up to Cam Ron and on to Japan, in restraints. I spent a couple of weeks at the 249th in Camp Drake, and got to back to my unit via ton son nut, and camp Alpha. I Was back for a few weeks and experienced some stuff and they sent me back to the shrinks and the to a stateside Hospital again in restraints strapped to a litter. I don't remember much, the had me on Thorazine and pretty much knocked out. The Stateside shrinks Diagnosed me with schizoid disorder and a personalty disorder.My exwife sent a letter for my C&P and explained what I was like when I got back, no night sleep , only daysleep, had to wake me up with a broom handle violent outbursts. I was sent this year for a C&P and the psychiatrist changed my diagnosis to PTSD fro 1969. I have AFIB and sleep apnea ECT>>> I was homeless back in the 80's and had a couple of marriages, the whole routine. My question is do I have a retroactive claim for PTSD since 69. I just always thought something was wrong with me.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, I don't really understand what that is, but I will follow it.

Thank You

saddle,

Your topic has much more info in it than just "Introduce Yourself".

It will get more views and replies in the Claims Forum.

"He also started wetting the bed (years later we found out that this was a symptom of high blood sugar). He sewed our curtains shut so I wouldn't let light in. He complained about numbness and tingling in his hands, feet, and legs. He took over the counter pain medications because he said his joints ached. He just walked off one day and."

Have you formally been diagnosed with DMII and peripheral neuropathy?

If so you should file a claim for resumptiove DMII de to AO exposure.

Was there any evidence of bed wetting in the Mil?

I helped a vet get direct SC for DMII due to a few episodes of incontionence in the Military. He had other symptoms too of DMII but the mil never picked up on them.

Do you have copies of your SMRs?

• HadIt.com Elder

From reading this topic you should have claims filed for the following.

1: PTSD. 30 percent????

2: Diabetes as DMII presumptive to AO exposure.

3: Heart disease: Your AFIB may be a result of CAD or Ischemic heart disease. (Another Presumprtive to AO exposure)

The OSA may be hard to get unless you have one heck of a Nexus.

Jbasser

"He also started wetting the bed (years later we found out that this was a symptom of high blood sugar). He sewed our curtains shut so I wouldn't let light in. He complained about numbness and tingling in his hands, feet, and legs. He took over the counter pain medications because he said his joints ached. He just walked off one day and."

Have you formally been diagnosed with DMII and peripheral neuropathy?

If so you should file a claim for resumptiove DMII de to AO exposure.

Was there any evidence of bed wetting in the Mil?

I helped a vet get direct SC for DMII due to a few episodes of incontionence in the Military. He had other symptoms too of DMII but the mil never picked up on them.

Do you have copies of your SMRs?

I don't have any records, I was ashamed of bedwetting, and I was afraid they would kick me out if i was caught, so I hid it. I started it while in country that was hard to hide, originally, then it stopped and restarted stateside.

The only person who knew it was my ex wife.

Thank you