VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Misdiagnosis From 1969

Rate this question

saddletramp

Question

My MOS was 11E in country Vietnam with the 1st Field Forces. Our AO was Mostly south of Nah Trang, Whisky Mountain, Mang Yang Pass. Mine sweeps, ECT.. I was Dusted off for heat stroke, as my platoon was getting me and some other casualties extracted they chopped out an LZ and when the Med Chopper was coming in I was struck with a small tree in the neck and head, Knocked unconcious, I woke up on the med slick and we were taking fire. Made it to 35 evac ( I am pretty sure) a few days later sent back to the field. A few weeks later while out on patrol I was sent into the firebase for Psychiatric evalution, the sent me up to Cam Ron and on to Japan, in restraints. I spent a couple of weeks at the 249th in Camp Drake, and got to back to my unit via ton son nut, and camp Alpha. I Was back for a few weeks and experienced some stuff and they sent me back to the shrinks and the to a stateside Hospital again in restraints strapped to a litter. I don't remember much, the had me on Thorazine and pretty much knocked out. The Stateside shrinks Diagnosed me with schizoid disorder and a personalty disorder.My exwife sent a letter for my C&P and explained what I was like when I got back, no night sleep , only daysleep, had to wake me up with a broom handle violent outbursts. I was sent this year for a C&P and the psychiatrist changed my diagnosis to PTSD fro 1969. I have AFIB and sleep apnea ECT>>> I was homeless back in the 80's and had a couple of marriages, the whole routine. My question is do I have a retroactive claim for PTSD since 69. I just always thought something was wrong with me.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

From reading this topic you should have claims filed for the following.

1: PTSD. 30 percent????

2: Diabetes as DMII presumptive to AO exposure.

3: Heart disease: Your AFIB may be a result of CAD or Ischemic heart disease. (Another Presumprtive to AO exposure)

The OSA may be hard to get unless you have one heck of a Nexus.

Jbasser

I have had my blood sugar tested and it has been normal high, but still normal ( I don't eat any sugar)

I went and had my C&P for Ischemic heart and am waiting on that.

Sleep apnea I was diagnosed this year and had a sleep study at a civilian hospital I wear a CPAP everynight.

I am currently seeing a VA Doc in Branson and taking warfarin and Metoprolol for afib. I have a civilian Diagnosis of Hypothyroid ( No Cancer)I am taking Synthroid

I have asked a civilian Hospital from the early 70's for my Medical records and that is where I was diagnosed with High Blood sugar, I had a 4 hour glucose tolerance test.

call sign "Saddletramp"

I have had my blood sugar tested and it has been normal high, but still normal ( I don't eat any sugar)

I went and had my C&P for Ischemic heart and am waiting on that.

Sleep apnea I was diagnosed this year and had a sleep study at a civilian hospital I wear a CPAP everynight.

I am currently seeing a VA Doc in Branson and taking warfarin and Metoprolol for afib. I have a civilian Diagnosis of Hypothyroid ( No Cancer)I am taking Synthroid

I have asked a civilian Hospital from the early 70's for my Medical records and that is where I was diagnosed with High Blood sugar, I had a 4 hour glucose tolerance test.

call sign "Saddletramp"

Yes I did get 30% PTSD.

SaddleTramp- Make sure that you wear that CPAP everynight or whenever you sleep. Also, make sure you take your Synthyroid pill. It is amazing whay this small gland controls in your body. Have you tried to get your Sleep Apnea service connected? When I was in 68-72, no one had a clue about Sleep Apnea.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Saddletramp

I would work hard on getting that PTSD rating increased. What is passed is passed I think in your case. So much time has passed that you should try and just work on increases and that IHD claim. Are you able to work? If you are not able to work I would file for TDIU. Are you getting treatment for the PTSD?

SaddleTramp- Make sure that you wear that CPAP everynight or whenever you sleep. Also, make sure you take your Synthyroid pill. It is amazing whay this small gland controls in your body. Have you tried to get your Sleep Apnea service connected? When I was in 68-72, no one had a clue about Sleep Apnea.

Papa

PAPA, Thank you for the Advice, I do sleep with the CPAP, every night. I take the synthroid pill every AM exactly as prescribed. I put in for Sleep Apnea, and am awaiting a decision. I don't think Apnea was even discovered until like 1980.

I must of had it for years, 3 different wives and a long term girlfriend all said I had it. I have psychiatric records that talk of trouble sleeping and staying asleep.

Thanks Again

SaddleTramp

Saddletramp

I would work hard on getting that PTSD rating increased. What is passed is passed I think in your case. So much time has passed that you should try and just work on increases and that IHD claim. Are you able to work? If you are not able to work I would file for TDIU. Are you getting treatment for the PTSD?

John999, I kind of work at home, I don't do well in crowds. I was going to wait to get an increase after the rest of my claims went through, then go after an increase. I go to a VA counseler and am taking some intense therapy.

I can't remember some things, from those dark times.

My Afib Might connect to my PTSD, and I am waiting.

Appreciate the Help.

SaddleTramp