VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Exam For 100% Unemployability

Rate this question

Optomusprime

Question

I am going to be having a CP exam early next month 2011 , and I am real nervous about it, I am SC 70% PTSD, 30% Facial , 10% Tinitis ,10% Kidney over all SC rating of 805 , I was released from a Govt job due to my SCD, I filed for UI due to my SCD making me unemployable. I was granted disability retirement from the GOVT agency last year due to my SCD getting worse , I am hoping for a 100% UI . Whats my chances?:unsure:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Did you complete and submit a 21-8940 for TDIU ?

I only submitted a claim for unemployability , I didnt even know that I could submit a claim for temperary unemployability until now! if my claim for unemployability is denied can I still submit a claim for temporary unemployability while I ask for a BVA? if its denied?

I only submitted a claim for unemployability , I didnt even know that I could submit a claim for temperary unemployability until now! if my claim for unemployability is denied can I still submit a claim for temporary unemployability while I ask for a BVA? if its denied?

Opto,

I have no idea what you are referring to "I didnt even know that I could submit a claim for temperary unemployability until now! "

I have no idea what you mean by temporary unemployability.

Total disability based upon individual unemployability - TDIU - is an option available to veterans who do not meet the 100% disability requirement, but who are otherwise unable to secure a "substantially gainful" employment. Sometimes a veteran may be awarded TDIU and receive monthly disability compensation benefits as if rated 100% even though the veteran has not received an 100% disability rating. TDIU can be awarded on a temporary or permanent (P&T) basis. Each veteran's case is different, so we can not tell you what the outcome will be, just the basic facts to see if you are eligible.

In order to qualify for TDIU consideration, the veteran must meet two basic requirements:

1. Is the veteran unable to secure, or follow substantially gainful occupation as a result of a service-connected disability(ies)?

2. If the veteran has only one service-connected disability, is it rated at or above 60%? Or, if the veteran has a combined disability of 70% or more, is one of the disability ratings at least 40%?

If the two requirements are met, then the veteran is entitled to CONSIDERATION for TDIU.

If you have already filed out the VA Form 21-8940, then you have already applied for TDIU and are now in the waiting mode. Seems we do a lot of waiting around here.

Hope this helps clarify things...

Mak sure on the form Question # 18 that you check yes and then under Remarks rfer them to separate page and tell them you get disablity retirement solely due to your SC disabilities. Tell them of any side affects of the SC meds that would hinder employment and,if Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due to your SCs, tell them that too.

You certainly present a claim would warrant TDIU (paid at the 100% rate of comp)but they wont award TDIU until they get receipt of the TDIU form.