VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Misuse Of Words On C&p, Will This Hurt My Case?

Rate this question

combatcamera

Question

I had a C&P exam related to sexual trauma and I said to the therapist, I think he was going to try and rape me and she put that I said he tried to rape me. Then for my combat experience, she wrote down the location wrong. Both of these things conflict with my statements. Will this hurt my case?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The C&P exam results include a section where the doc opines whether or not it is service connected. What did they say? The answer should include something like "Is due to; more likely; least as likely; less than likely; is not due to"

Additionally, the VA will verify the stressor. Did you send in a stressor letter and other evidence? Do you know if the VA confirmed the stressor?

The C&P exam results include a section where the doc opines whether or not it is service connected. What did they say? The answer should include something like "Is due to; more likely; least as likely; less than likely; is not due to"

Additionally, the VA will verify the stressor. Did you send in a stressor letter and other evidence? Do you know if the VA confirmed the stressor?

I requested and submitted the evidence from the case opened by CID regarding this matter and the combat incident is of course already confirmed due to the documentation kept nowadays, but yes I did send the stressor letter with my own evidence as well. and yes it was confirmed that it is service connected. The point is though, what the therapist wrote is not what I said.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would wait for the rating. If it is not what you think it should be then you can raise these issues on appeal. It really depends on what the doctor concludes about your stressors and if you MST/PTSD is service connected. If the VA accepts your stressors then I don't see a problem.

cc- my medical records and C&P's have no small number of errors, omissions and downright fabrications, but I got mine.

If you see glaring discrepancies on your copy of the C&P that you think may be detrimental to your case, I'd submit corrections to the VA.

Many details that look huge to us are completely overlooked by the raters, so hang in there and we'll hope for the best. :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

cc- my medical records and C&P's have no small number of errors, omissions and downright fabrications, but I got mine.

If you see glaring discrepancies on your copy of the C&P that you think may be detrimental to your case, I'd submit corrections to the VA.

Many details that look huge to us are completely overlooked by the raters, so hang in there and we'll hope for the best. :smile:

Thank you and I hope you're right. What kind of errors are there if you don't mind me asking?