VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Vs Brown Water Sailor

Rate this question

stinger

Question

I have received a request for verification of Viet Nam service. I was on board minesweepers, I also swept the harbors during Operation End Sweep. We docked in Cam Rahn Bay, but they said this is not considered inland. I was inside the Hai Phong Harbor area quite a bit sweeping the mines,and inland harbors at other times. Is this considered inland for agent orange consideration? The are considering my two heart attacks regarding ischemic heart disease, and neuropathy of both my feet. What may I provide to strengthen my case?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Good advice from Jbasser and I also suggest to go to our AO forum and click on the link to the Nehmer Training Guide.

Under the index it will take you to the specific part on Blue and Brown water Navy and the ships list and how these claims have to be handled.

Chuck is right as well- they consider Danang a sea water port and not Brown water. Yet that doesn't mean vets did not leave the ship on other support craft and go into Brown water.

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you have DMII? That is probably what you need for AO PN claim. To get a AO PN claim without having DMII is probably impossible at this date.