VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ilp And Rehabiltation

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I was told to talk to my cardiologist about cardiac rehab. I am currently in ILP program, would being in a cardiac rehab program fill the requirment under the ILP rehab programs where as the claimant receives a monthly allowance?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Guest DON20906

ILPs may include specialized medical, health or rehabilitative services. If cardiac rehab is included in your ILP it should not affect your subsistence allowances.

Independent Living Program (ILP)

WHAT is the Independent Living Program?

This type of program is always tailored to the specific individual needs, and might incorporate such things as assistive technology, Independent Living skills training, and/or connection to community-based support services.

WHO qualifies for ILP?

A veteran whose service-connected disability or disabilites and overall condition make employment goals infeasible at this time. This determination must be made by VA Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) staff.

HOW are ILP's developed?

When VR&E staff determine that employment goals are not feasible, attention may then be turned to independent living needs. Through a process of personal interviews, consultation with professionals who may be providing medical or support services, feedback from family members, and additional assessment if necessary, the elements of an ILP will emerge. The veteran is very much a part of all ILP planning.

WHEN should I apply for the ILP?

If you believe your service-connected disabilites and overall conditions are so serious as to make employment goals impossible, you may request consideration for an ILP. However, you must first file an application for VR&E services, and get an appointment to review your situation with VR&E staff who must determine that an ILP is appropriate.

I was told to talk to my cardiologist about cardiac rehab. I am currently in ILP program, would being in a cardiac rehab program fill the requirment under the ILP rehab programs where as the claimant receives a monthly allowance?