VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What's Wrong With 800# People...threats?

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

I called the 800# again today. I have a legitimate reason for doing so. I have been trying to find out a simple question. All I want to know is if in fact my response to the VA's 10/27 request for addition info and medical records have been received. Nobody can tell me.

Yes, I do call often. IRIS is useless. All they have told me is they will forward my request to Atlanta RO. They did that on 12/8. Today is the 23rd and I haven't heard a word back.

So I fired of an Update to my IRIS asking them "Do you plan on responding to my question or not?'

Well, the guy on the 800# said that he sees where I responded to the IRIS with a smart remark. I said I did because I can never get a reply to my question or a straight answer from anyone. I told him I need to know if the "IMPORTANT" medical evidence I submitted that included a diagnosis and NEXUS was received and in my file.

He go really rude with me and told me that he was going to flag my file so that if I called again whoever answered my call would know not give me any information that I asked for. He also told me that by flagging my file it would delay my claim for several more months.

Can they do that?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I stopped calling the 800 to verify anything. Ebenefits is working great for the WACO RO. The last 2 times I faxed things straight to them, It was posted in the history of the claim that they received it. each time it was 2 days after I sent it.

This is how it's showing in my history. Maybe other RO's are not updating the system as much as Waco.

RECEIVED A COPY OF PRESCRIPTION RECORDS 12/21/2010

21-4138 12/15/2010

document CVS pharmacy 12/15/2010

vcaa response 12/15/2010

Edited by ArmyTexas

• Founder

It seems to me that they must record those phone calls and if they don't they surely must know who put a flag on your file. I think I might go further up the chain of command on this one. They are punishing you for losing your temper and making a smart aleck remark, they just seems ridiculous to me and I would take up to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, there are reasons to put flags on a veterans file however I don't think the intent was to use as threat and punishment toward the veteran.

This really ticks me off, I've getting the run around myself about a few things and it is just absurd. Just mho

This was just posted by acesup :

Having trouble with the VA 800 number folks, IRIS, or whatever?

VA Client Service Center (CSC) -The VA has implemented a new customer service telephone line. We feel your best course of action is to contact that line to express your concerns. You may contact CSC toll free at 866-341-0743.

They close at 4:30 Eastern Standard Time.

Well, I called today and the goof didn't flag my file. I just hate people who threaten like that. If the turd isn't happy working for the VA find another job.