VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams But Only For A Few Claims

Rate this question

gfunk

Question

ok, back in september i submitted claims for 10 conditions,

• chronic heart burn
  • irritable bowel syndrome
  • tinnitus
  • (TBI) traumatic brain injury
  • headaches
  • migraines
  • memory loss
  • vertigo
  • rash on my chest and head
  • unemployabiliy
  • PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)

ok, now my question is... i had a C&P exam on dec 7th for tbi, and 2 C&P exams on dec 16th, one for an increase in ptsd and the other was for an increase in my other sc conditions. i did not file for an increase for my leg and back problems but i did for the ptsd. why havent i had exams for any of the other claims listed above? they are all well documented and such, could it be that there is no reason for the exams and theyll just straight up rate those conditions? any help would be appreciated.

also, just to vent... i originally had a flight home for the holidays earlier this month before my c&p exams, but when i found out of my exams, i tried to reschedule them for a later date but was told my claim would be closed and would have to start over. so i had to buy another flight home, last minute, across the country during the holidays and am now broke for xmas. and good luck trying to explain that to any non-vet. tis the season

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Please note this is a theory based only on the information provided, and without your file no one can make an accurate assessment of your claim.

If you are a Gulf War veteran (90-91), please please get with your POA to research a claim for undiagnosed illness/gulf war syndrome. IBS falls under that.

The TBI exam should cover the issues/symptoms of headaches, migraines, memory loss and vertigo.

You claimed an increase for PTSD. It would appear your other s/c condtiions are the back and a leg.

Whenever IU is claimed, all s/c conditions have exams requested for them. So you should have had a spine and another exam for the issue with your leg. The request asks the examiner to reply as to how that condition effects your employability.

As for the heart burn, IBS, tinnitus, and rash? They would have looked at your service med records and any other records on hand to see if these conditions were treated in, caused by, or aggravated by service. If not, no exam.

It is bad that the C&P clinic couild not work with you to reschedule. A no-show/failed to report on the exams would have resulted in the claim being rated, and after the holidays you would only have had to request the RO reschedule them. You would have had a year to do that.

Again. Please note this is a theory based only on the information provided, and without your file NO ONE can make an accurate assessment of your claim.

Best wishes.

thanks for the reply, i was thinking the same thing for the tbi exam covering all those others. and yes, my back and leg were already sc

"As for the heart burn, IBS, tinnitus, and rash? They would have looked at your service med records and any other records on hand to see if these conditions were treated in, caused by, or aggravated by service. If not, no exam."

if theres no exam, is that an automatic denial?

• HadIt.com Elder

Check your VCAA letter. If it does not mention all your claimed conditions something ain't right. It means to me the VA is letting some of your claims just fall through the cracks if they don't list them in your VCAA letter. I think when many conditions are claimed the VA will often just ignore some of them. This will result in a denial if you let them slide. Conditions that are not denied or approved are considered denied if they are not mentioned in a decisoin.

It is dirty business but has been discussed here before.

undiagnosed illness claims are for 1990 to today. Any one in the AO of Iraq.

The headaches also fall under UI along with memory and the skin rash.

Get a copy of the NGWRC health care guide www.ngwrc.org

this link will take you to the page with the link.

http://www.ngwrc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=22

The TBI and PTSD will be done at the same time.

Please note this is a theory based only on the information provided, and without your file no one can make an accurate assessment of your claim.

If you are a Gulf War veteran (90-91), please please get with your POA to research a claim for undiagnosed illness/gulf war syndrome. IBS falls under that.

The TBI exam should cover the issues/symptoms of headaches, migraines, memory loss and vertigo.

You claimed an increase for PTSD. It would appear your other s/c condtiions are the back and a leg.

Whenever IU is claimed, all s/c conditions have exams requested for them. So you should have had a spine and another exam for the issue with your leg. The request asks the examiner to reply as to how that condition effects your employability.

As for the heart burn, IBS, tinnitus, and rash? They would have looked at your service med records and any other records on hand to see if these conditions were treated in, caused by, or aggravated by service. If not, no exam.

It is bad that the C&P clinic couild not work with you to reschedule. A no-show/failed to report on the exams would have resulted in the claim being rated, and after the holidays you would only have had to request the RO reschedule them. You would have had a year to do that.

Again. Please note this is a theory based only on the information provided, and without your file NO ONE can make an accurate assessment of your claim.

Best wishes.

As john 999 said, if it;s not in your VCAA letter, it could mean that the developers missed it. Under an IU claim you are suppoed to get e General medical exam, which covers everything except specialty exams (mental, dental, eyes, audio, TBI). IU is considered a claim for increase, so anything you are already service connected for, unless already at its maximum (ie tinnitus cannot go higher than 10%) needs to be examined. Pls also note: vertigo & memory loss are symptoms, not disabilities, so they may be lumped under something else, such as TBI or mental, and headaches/migraines are same thing as they share the same diagnostic code, and in this case would also fall under TBI. unless you have hearing loss or claimed hearing loss, you will not be receiving an exam for tinnitus if you are already at 10%.