VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security, Va Disability

Rate this question

Dano50

Question

I have a few questions here, I was recently approved for Social Security disability and have been requesting and increase of my disability. Can the VA come back and say since you are getting Social Security there is no need to increase your disabilitiy rating . Presently I am 50percent but had to quit my job in September due my disability. Just like info on how the SS plays in the VA roles? I am also collecting unemployment as with SSD they say if you get hired you may have to quit

SSD. My questions are as follows:

1.Since I am requesting my VA to increase the ratings froom 50 to whatever could they come back and say since you get SS we don't need to give you any more money as you are getting it from SS?

2.The SS determined my disability from the VA records. Will this help me in my request to increase my disability?

Thanks.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

No just a phone call and I had my wife aswer the call to make sure I was not hearing things worng that is was my VSO telling me it was my 1990 cliam came in at the rateing board for the second signature and if you mius the 30% i get now for the past three years and times it by 254 months it come to $659,496.00 to the penny

Did you receive this award? Was the amount as you thought? When were you officially notified you won this, and received your settlement in your bank account?

No just a phone call and I had my wife aswer the call to make sure I was not hearing things worng that is was my VSO telling me it was my 1990 cliam came in at the rateing board for the second signature and if you mius the 30% i get now for the past three years and times it by 254 months it come to $659,496.00 to the penny