VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted Bedridden But Should Have Got A&a What Do I Do

Rate this question

Boracay

Question

Hello fellow vets,

I went for A&A and was assigned Bedridden. It was said Despite the recommendation by the fee based physician that I need an other person's help in performing activities for daily living the VA physician at the C and P said that I do not need aid and attendance benefits on the entire evidence of record. I had alot of evidence from my caregiver myself other physicians and fee basis doctor that all stated "keep current caregiver" "Keeps me from committing suicide" "Takes care of daily needs" but I still got rejected.

What is my next step?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It sounds like they did not consider all of your evidence.

You need to argue every point in the SOC that is incorrect and refer them -after each point- to enclosed evidence that shows they are wrong.

Can you scan their Reasons and Basis or tell us exactly what they said in the denial?

Do you get 100% SC now?

It sounds like they did not consider all of your evidence.

You need to argue every point in the SOC that is incorrect and refer them -after each point- to enclosed evidence that shows they are wrong.

Can you scan their Reasons and Basis or tell us exactly what they said in the denial?

Do you get 100% SC now?

I really doubt they did consider it. I am certain beyond a doubt I should have received it. I am 100 SC. It said that I am fully phychotic and you refused to cooperate with the examiner. However it was noted that you are still capable to performing all daily functions. Despite recommendation by the fee basis physician that you need another persons help in performing activities of daily living the VA physician opined that you do not need aid and attendence benefits on the basis of a review of the entire evidence of record. The reason I didn't cooperate is I kinda mentally broke down in the C and P but my caregiver was there and answered all the questions for him. She said she prevents me for being suicidal and that she takes care of all my daily activities.

The caregiver should give them a written statement.

The A & A regs are here at hadit and they need to be gone over carefully.I just supported a A & A claim regarding my husband.

I used SSA findings,VA psychiatric and other medical VA records, VA Day treatment records, and gave testimony as to other things important to the A & A criteria, as his caretaker/spouse.

You don't need to fulfill every part of the A & A criteria.

They look for how your SC makes you unsafe in your environment without the help of others.

The caregiver should give them a written statement.

The A & A regs are here at hadit and they need to be gone over carefully.I just supported a A & A claim regarding my husband.

I used SSA findings,VA psychiatric and other medical VA records, VA Day treatment records, and gave testimony as to other things important to the A & A criteria, as his caretaker/spouse.

You don't need to fulfill every part of the A & A criteria.

They look for how your SC makes you unsafe in your environment without the help of others.

y

The caregiver did. They bypassed all evidence based on a c and p eval i think

When you said you were granted bedridden-what level of SMC are they paying you for now?