VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Question.

Rate this question

RSG

Question

Hi,

I have a question about the legality of the veterans administration denying a veteran his rights to outpatient care. If the veteran served honorably, got an honorable discharge. Got ill in the service, got disharged with an honorable, no medical. but was discharged for medical issues....filed a claim wwith Va within 30 days of discharge for the same medical issues he was disharged for and was eventually denied any access to veterans outpatient care in first VA denial... Is that legal?anybody know? is there a CFR or something covering this issue?

Tnx

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi,

I have a question about the legality of the veterans administration denying a veteran his rights to outpatient care. If the veteran served honorably, got an honorable discharge. Got ill in the service, got disharged with an honorable, no medical. but was discharged for medical issues....filed a claim wwith Va within 30 days of discharge for the same medical issues he was disharged for and was eventually denied any access to veterans outpatient care in first VA denial... Is that legal?anybody know? is there a CFR or something covering this issue?

Tnx

RSG,

The link I provided has many sub-links that answer

VAMC Medical Care questions to include eligibility.

I don't know of a CFR reg that will provide an answer to your question

on VAMC health care eligibility

If the veteran in question was actually,

"discharge for the same medical issues he was disharged for and was eventually denied any access to veterans outpatient care in first VA denial."

then that denial should show any laws or CFR regulations the VA used to support their denial of medical care.

• HadIt.com Elder

RSG,

The VA health system is a bit tricky. They will take care of vets either by priority group or income. If they have denied the claim they most likely will not provide care for the issue while the claim is in denial or on apeal. It may be legal, but the morality is suspect. If his income level is low enough they should assist him. Also, did said Vet enroll in the VA Health care system, or did they deny him enrollment?

You may need more information from this Vet in order to assist them.

Mike

Hi guy's,

That veteran was me......They Va denied me any outpatient care in 1969. one month after I was discharged, (honorably I might add.) The 4 or 5 times I submitted my claim it was denied. That is what has cause me all the mental issues I have now. There has got to be a CFR or a Va regulation that will not allow the VA to deny a vet outpaitient medical care. especially when there was absolutely no reason for denying my care.....I have no taxable income......

RSG

Edited by RSG

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Ron,

I sure am happy to see that 100% by your name.

I know it took a long time to get there.

I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I am sorry that I do not.

My Best Wishes to you.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine