VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I Missing Something

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John the clerk is BSing you the amendment was passed by both houses before it was placed on the ballot! The only thing the different county governments need is how to handle the claims! The law passed and signed by the governor and then passed by referendum to amend the constitution clearly states Jan 1, 2011 as to the date it goes into effect.

Now my clerk did say that they probably will not have the operational part done until March but I have contacted my lender and asked them to waive any further escrow payment to my account based on this. I am refusing to send them anymore escrow money accept for insurance! Why should I send them money to earn interest on when it is going to be returned to me without interest??

The lender is doing some kind of investigation into it now and said they will get back to me. I just made my last two payments for the year minus any escrow because my taxes for half the year have been paid!

Trust me they don't like me much but the law is the law! I'll sue if they damage my credit or anything else and they know that.

I have a VA loan on the property so they better watch out if they want to keep their rating.

Well John, I must apologize and take the egg off my face!!

You were definitely right on this one! I just checked the Virginia legislature and the amendment has been added to the constitution but the county is still waiting for the LAW to be written on how to apply it.

I am still fighting with my mortgage holder and even the VA home loan guy said he can not help.

just another situation where the gov promises one thing and takes their on damn time with it. I even contacted my legislature and asked for help and he made a remark about millionaire vets! I told him that any 100% vet that made it as a millionaire was better than any legislature and should get the benefit too!!

stillhere,

No need to apologize and Idon't see any egg. The law is on the books. The key word is "Operational". The legislature will probably hem and haw for the next year or so on how to implement the law.(Or until they figure a way to recoup the lost revenue from passage of this law.) As to the millionaire remark, I would have told him: "I could buy you for what you are actually worth, but I would go bankrupt trying to sell you for what you think you're worth." If you remember any high school chemistry or biology, the human body isn't worth all that much. But these pompous a&# politicians seem to think they own the world.

stillhere,

No need to apologize and Idon't see any egg. The law is on the books. The key word is "Operational". The legislature will probably hem and haw for the next year or so on how to implement the law.(Or until they figure a way to recoup the lost revenue from passage of this law.) As to the millionaire remark, I would have told him: "I could buy you for what you are actually worth, but I would go bankrupt trying to sell you for what you think you're worth." If you remember any high school chemistry or biology, the human body isn't worth all that much. But these pompous a&# politicians seem to think they own the world.

below is an email answer from my Virginia state senator:

The tax exemption will take effect immediately when the Governor signs Senator Puller's SB 987. I imagine that will take place some time in late February.

Thank you,

Sean Holihan

Legislative Aide

Sen. George Barker

Senator Barker,

I would appreciate it very much if you could give me an update as to when the tax exemption for 100% disabled veterans will be available.

I live in Fairfax county.

Robert, as far as Arizona have you contacted your state tax relief agent for your county? If you do not believe that the state has the right to count your VA benefits as income I would also speak to or email your state legislature.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in AZ and I filed for exemption and got it. Doesn't mean nada, I still end up paying the property tax. It is a very complex situation, the woman I contacted did not know anything about it and she worked there, she told me just fill it out and submit it. OK...........Got the exemptsion and I still pay................?????????? I do not know what is happening.