VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I Missing Something

stillhere,

Got my fingers crossed on that too. BUT it still has to be passed by the general assembly in January before it becomes law. Found that out when I inquired last week at the county clerk's office as to how to go about filing for the exemption. One more hoop to jump through.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

These are state laws and differ from state to state. In Florida where I live you must be P&T to get the property tax exemption.

stillhere,

Got my fingers crossed on that too. BUT it still has to be passed by the general assembly in January before it becomes law. Found that out when I inquired last week at the county clerk's office as to how to go about filing for the exemption. One more hoop to jump through.

John the clerk is BSing you the amendment was passed by both houses before it was placed on the ballot! The only thing the different county governments need is how to handle the claims! The law passed and signed by the governor and then passed by referendum to amend the constitution clearly states Jan 1, 2011 as to the date it goes into effect.

Now my clerk did say that they probably will not have the operational part done until March but I have contacted my lender and asked them to waive any further escrow payment to my account based on this. I am refusing to send them anymore escrow money accept for insurance! Why should I send them money to earn interest on when it is going to be returned to me without interest??

The lender is doing some kind of investigation into it now and said they will get back to me. I just made my last two payments for the year minus any escrow because my taxes for half the year have been paid!

Trust me they don't like me much but the law is the law! I'll sue if they damage my credit or anything else and they know that.

I have a VA loan on the property so they better watch out if they want to keep their rating.

has anyone did anything toward property taxes in arizona....??? even if you cut out your va money they still want a income below 13,200 a year to include you and the wife .... my ss is 1,200 a month to looks like they will tell me no...

• HadIt.com Elder

Texas grants full exemption for 100% no income restrictions. What is nice about Texas is you can find almost or a combination of types of climates from Mountains to Oceans. No State Income Tax either not that it matters to me as I really don't have to file Income Tax return.

• HadIt.com Elder

Texas grants full exemption for 100% no income restrictions. What is nice about Texas is you can find almost or a combination of types of climates from Mountains to Oceans. No State Income Tax either not that it matters to me as I really don't have to file Income Tax return.

Texas has come a long way in the last few years...

Florida sounds sweet too.

Cmdr. Bob

post-4811-0-95462400-1294016818_thumb.jp