VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay Overlooked

Rate this question

PAART

Question

I have received a response concerning the effective of date of disability award and compensation. I have another request for consideration of my earlier effective of the disability awarded for prostate cancer. I have been requested to give VA the dates of diagnoses and the date of being considered clear of any cancer. I don't have a problem with providing the information, but in the award letter I received in November the VA stated in the letter the dates of diagnoses, operation, and date of being declared cancer free. I know that I might be the sharpest knife in the draw, but maybe I am the dullest knife in the world. This seems to me such a waste of time and effort for the VA to ask for information they also have in their possession.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"This seems to me such a waste of time and effort for the VA to ask for information they also have in their possession."

AHAH, You have now stumbled upon one of the "closely-guarded-secrets" that EVERY VA employee must agree to before becoming a VA employee...................they have to swear to the "waste-time-and-effort" clause..........I do believe it goes something like this:

"I do solemnly swear and/or affirm that I WILL waste as much time and effort and cause as much time and effort to BE wasted as is absolutely possible in the daily doings of my so-called "job"..........taking all the extra time that I can in the breakroom, the restroom, around the watercooler, and while smoking out back at the trash dumpster............taking ALL my holidays, sick days, personal time off, and all sorts of "jury duty" and (if "male", herein insert the term "Paternity Leave, if "female", herein insert "Maternity Leave") as is absolutely possible.........etc, etc, etc, so help me (herein insert the proper definition, according to your own personal beliefs, of the god that you worship, or don't worship, as you see fit), then give your proper, complete, and total name.

Thank You.

And welcome to the Department of Veterans "Affairs"!