VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still No Letter

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

While I have money in the bank I still have not received a letter of favorable decision. Also I did get a letter yesterday from SS to set up a password at their site and saw all my info as far as award amount date and all that stuff.

Any members get awarded for SSDI lately not get a letter? I also would like to have a copy of how and what they decided just for my files.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

While I have money in the bank I still have not received a letter of favorable decision. Also I did get a letter yesterday from SS to set up a password at their site and saw all my info as far as award amount date and all that stuff.

Any members get awarded for SSDI lately not get a letter? I also would like to have a copy of how and what they decided just for my files.

I remember getting a letter from SS when I was approved for disability benefits a couple of years ago. The letter detailed what I was to received and also the retro money and effective date of disability.

You can request a letter from their site for proof of benefits and they will mail it out within the month.

-donald

Well got the letter and it did not say much just said I would/could be reviewd and ask me to let them know if I get better. Fat chance that is going to be with my heart/hearing loss/ and PTSD but I guess that is standard.

Filing and getting approved the first time and in a pretty short wait applied 7/20 and approved 12/2010 but back paid for 2 months so I guess I was really approved in Oct.

I am just sitting back and trying except everything and all the changes my life is going through.

I am sure others can relate after working since I was like 8 years old shining shoes to help my Mom up until I am 61! Always thought I would work till I dropped but keep myself busy somehow!