VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Appeal Descion Today

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

So today I got my appeal decision today they gave me 30 percent for major depression I needed 50% to get to 100% the c&p exam results showed stated I am extremly depressed and the rater only gave me 30%, what should i do appeal again ????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working? You have enough to get IU if you are not working. If you are working it is hard to get a higher rating for a mental health disorder. That is the main factor in gettting a higher rating.

Have you ever been able to work since you broke your back in 4 places while on active duty? Have you received compensation awards along with your initial discharge? Do you go to the VAMC for routine pain clinic visits? Behavioral Health visits? Ever had any IMO's or IME's ?

Do your SMR/STR validate your service connected injuries? Make sure you have treatment records post discharge too for the problems you claimed during in-service. Do you use a VSO? If so, what advise do you receive from him/her too?

How long have you been challenging the VA?

yes i still do currently work i have to since i pay child support for two children my boss is a vietnam vet and its not a labor intensive job so i get paid to pretty much follow him around. I dont use the va facillitys i use private doctors, I have tons of medical evidence private psych evals imo ime pain evals etc etc, should i re appeal the 30% descions and go for a higher descion or just let sleeping dogs lay ?????

Start using the VA and file a NOD

The VA is free.

Now have you add your kids so you get the extra money for them? make sure you get the life insurance and have them as to get the payout.

yes i still do currently work i have to since i pay child support for two children my boss is a vietnam vet and its not a labor intensive job so i get paid to pretty much follow him around. I dont use the va facillitys i use private doctors, I have tons of medical evidence private psych evals imo ime pain evals etc etc, should i re appeal the 30% descions and go for a higher descion or just let sleeping dogs lay ?????