VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Appeal Descion Today

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

So today I got my appeal decision today they gave me 30 percent for major depression I needed 50% to get to 100% the c&p exam results showed stated I am extremly depressed and the rater only gave me 30%, what should i do appeal again ????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

should i re appeal the 30% descions and go for a higher descion or just let sleeping dogs lay ?????

kryptos,

What exactly is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section of the decision ?

Also, I would check the Evidence Section of the decision to see if the VBA rated according

to what evidence has been submitted.

Perhaps you have some updated mental health records that were not a part of the record.

Here's the criteria that will show what is needed for 50 % versus 30 %.

You would need to compare this to your medical evidence of record.

Occupational and social impairment with reduced 50

reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships...

Occupational and social impairment with occasional 30

decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events)...