VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals Coach

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

I called the VA customer service to check on my appeal. I was told that my appeal was sent to an "appeals coach". I can't find anything on the internet about this, anyone heard of this coach. The rep also said that an appeals coach is an in-house process and is the same as a review office. She said that I shouldn't have been given that information.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

My CUE claim went to an "appeals coach" who seemed to be preparing the claim to be sent to the BVA.

It never got there as they pulled it and put it under Nehmer in August.

I really don't think appeals coach means anything special at all unless they prepare the I-8 form that goes with a BVA transfer.

The IRIS system ( at www.va.gov "Contact Us" is a better way of getting more accurate info then the 800#.

Berta,

Do you think I need to start considering a lawyer or sit tight and see what happens??? I was thinking my issue would be resolved at the local level but I am beginning to think it will go to the BVA...not sure if that's bad or good for me?? any advice??

James

If you provided them with all evidence they requested in the VCAA letter you received- maybe best to just wait and see what they will do.

It is impossible to guess.

Do you have a vet rep?

I called the VA customer service to check on my appeal. I was told that my appeal was sent to an "appeals coach". I can't find anything on the internet about this, anyone heard of this coach. The rep also said that an appeals coach is an in-house process and is the same as a review office. She said that I shouldn't have been given that information.

The people that provide the training CD called Lexus Nexus spoke about the "coaches" at the local VA offices. It was in reference to attorneys gathering information trying to help their clients claims. Apparently, this coach is like a team go to guy and is an employee of the VA. It would make sense for him/her to be a senior level person and possibly at the DRO level.

-donald

I have the DAV Berta...Im trying to make an appointment to see my local guy on 01-10-11 when he returns for vacation...thx for the help everyone...Im gonna meet with my DAV rep, relax and see what happens...