VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File

Rate this question

RSG

Question

Hi,

another question,

I have over the past year requested a copy of my c-file and nobody from the VA will give me a copy...I have formally requested in writing 4 times and continually get ignored and get excuses from the VA. I think that they are

avoiding giving me a copy because they have done so much illegal stuff with my claim...I need some help getting my C-file. I can't fight these jerks unless I can see how bad they have screwed me.....I need some help with this...TNX, Ron

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

No, it's at the VARO.

TNx

RSG,

If you have a claim for CUE that is currently under the BVA's

jurisdiction, I would not at this time, request a copy of my C-file for now. NO it is at the VARO.

You had posted that you are now 100% SC'd - was this a recent grant at the

BVA level ?NO at the VARO level

Has an effective date been assigned yet ?yes, the 100% was 2004

If no effective date has been assigned yet - is your RO supposed to be

adjudicating your effective date for the 100 % rating ? The VARO is reviewing the CUE.

IT's still at VARO,

Yes I have all those copies.

TnX

If your file is at BVA level you don't want to have it pulled out to give you your c-file...follow through with Carlie's info/suggestions if you file has been deciced on already...once back @ your regional level and award is made get a copy of your c-file...just don't stop the process in the middle. plus do you have copies of registered/certified one's where you requested you files?

You request under the FOIA?

Do you use a VSO? If so, did you inform them you never received your records/files?

The VSO keeps saying they are six months behind in copying files

But, I have requested it at least 4 times over the past year and a half.....

The asking for a copy is a FOIA and if it is a the BVA it will not be copied until they are done with it. The coping is done at the RO office.

If the veteran is 100% I would wonder why he has an open case unless he is looking for SMC, HB or A&A.

You will not get a full copy of your C-file. To do that you might want to see if your VSO will copy it for you.

The fight you have is one that is only for you since you will not get any more money. you will only hold up other veterans. but if you must keep it up.

Best thing is to relax, stop the fight, and find something to do that you will enjoy. I enjoy helping veterans with their claims. Been doing it for 16 years.

I relax with my photos and fishing.

Yes I could file for 6 other thing that are all a presumptive to my time in service but I do not since I am 100%.

IMHO.......SO TRUE!

I have other conditions in which are service related and would be connected but I refused to put myself thru the whole VA process again! For each their OWN! I suppose..........just say'n

B6

I have been trying to get a copy of my c-file for at leats 1 1/2 years now and The damn VA won't give me a copy...What can I do....I have tried VSO, I have tried 4 or 5 written requests and they keep gining me excuses....

The SOB's have been messin with me for 40 years and constantly lying and I am tired of it... What can I do... These idiots have screwed up my claim so bad ,lied and have caused me so much hassle....I need to know how tyo get it. will I have to call my congressman od what... I am really gettin angry.....