VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Did Your Reps. Vote On Veterans Issues

Rate this question

robert51

Question

the RAO sent me an e mail their monthly update and i found a very interesting thing in there a site that tells by state how the state reps. voted and to my surprise Oregon has listed voted for vets Senate (Dem.) 92% of the time Rep. (42%) but for house reps... Dem. voted 100% of the time for vets and Rep. (0%) now that says it all for me... a Republician NO MORE

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

My congressman from Florida Rick Keller got a 0% rating. HE came cout with a congressional bulliten. The whole thing was about one issue. The selling of Ocla national forest near by. This is just a red herring issue made up by the republitcan to draw attention away from real issues. Just like the flag, school prayer, gay marriages. But vets go for those issues. Thats why reppublicans were put in power at tha last elwction by 65%.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

terry higgins

Florida republicans talk a good fight about veterans benefits but vote against mandatory funding. Florida is a state ruled by Solid South democrates that changed their KKK hoods for Republican credentials.

Any state that would elect Jeb Bush is no friend to vets. The culture of corruption is right there in Tallahassee Florida.

I think the jig is getting "up" for republicans in congress as far as we Vets are concerned. There is just too much hard and fast data that too many of them talk a big game but vote in greater numbers than Dems against Vet issues. I guess they connect these down votes in some way with "conservative" expending of the public funds as well as voting for "smaller" government.

In truth I'm beginning to wonder if this group tends to be rich folks who have figured a way to snooker we who believe in traditional values by connecting belief in these issues with their own selfish aims. You know, let the church take care of the poor, if you cant earn it on your own screw you .big government is bad etc

I've voted Republican for years now becasue I've bought into the talk they talk. Now at a more advanced stage in my life I'm wondering if I have to start voting more my self interests, which is much more the way the Dems tend to ACT then the Repubs.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think they vote against vet issues because they have given all the tax money back to the rich. The republicans hate government programs that benefit poor people and love programs that benefit the rich. This is just what they are about is making the rich, richer. That is their program in a nutshell. The republicans are on a spending binge but not for poor and middle class Americans.